Cam belt and pump replacement yet again !

lol why not it’s only brake disks and pads surely they can fit them just as well as anyone else ?
The last time I went to Kwik Fit was for a quick brake pad change.

Then I had to take my car to the dealers to trace the odd noise at full lock.

Where they found a pair of vice grips still on my brake line.

I'd be driving for 2 weeks - the reason I had not found it was the noise was coming from the steering rack power assistance fighting the grips digging into the wheel arch liner on the other side - so I'd been checking the wrong wheel.

Oddly enough I've never used them since.

I'd be driving for 2 weeks - the reason I had not found it was the noise was coming from the steering rack power assistance fighting the grips digging into the wheel arch liner on the other side - so I'd been checking the wrong wheel.

Horrendous

on the upside you got a free pair of vice grips :cool:

I can’t seem why they would want to crimp the brake line to replace brake pads.
If the brake line has to be crimped they shouldn’t be using vice grips as the edge should be radiussed, hence a special tool is available for a few quid.
When a hose is crimped it’s a short term measure otherwise the hose can easily be damaged internally.
They employ spanner jockeys not mechanics, steer well clear.

If the brake line has to be crimped they shouldn’t be using vice grips as the edge should be radiussed, hence a special tool is available for a few quid.
When a hose is crimped it’s a short term measure otherwise the hose can easily be damaged internally.
They employ spanner jockeys not mechanics, steer well clear.
That's kwik-fit for you

on the upside you got a free pair of vice grips :cool:
I actually still have them. I'm not saying anything but they were Mole Grip knock offs, which seemed fitting all in

They were actually gripping the track rod and pressing on the brake line. God knows why they were buggering about with the tracking for brake pads.

Back