MartinMc

VIP Member
Hi Everyone,
I need to replace my clutch and DMF but was wondering what people’s experiences are with the different brands?
Like many of us I will shop around and see deals online for the likes of Valeo, LUK or Sachs and being human we are all at least tempted by a special offer.
I will be taking this job on at home as sadly we have our daily drivers both need spending on.
I’d be really interested in people’s experiences above marketing as I really can’t afford to buy cheap and buy twice.
Thank you for any advice

Mine had a LUK fitted last year to fix my juddering in 1st and reverse problem and it's done the job. Can't really say if its better than any of those other brands you mentioned. I guess only time will tell.

Hi, if you undertaking the Job yourself on the driveway, if you send us the old clutch plate/cover when you take it out we can fully refurbish it and send back like brand new.
we do 100's of refurbs for Toyota cars and commercial clutches every year.

We could also make you a brand new uprated one.

HOW CLUTCH CAME IN....
80F60747-58C0-4D1F-B946-1714A97DD455.jpeg43547629-A360-4080-B216-5D62889E6201.jpeg

CLUTCH FULLY REFURBISHED

A10683E0-BEE9-4B8A-825B-1D21AB278D57.jpeg

Thank you for the tip, hadn’t considered refurbing the clutch, almost thought that was a thing of the past.
Speak to @Nutexa Frictions mate, their clutches are awesome! Really good kit and stronger than any of the stock main stream brands

Thank you for reaching out, it does sound like an interesting option especially the upgraded version as when I get further down the conversion route I would be considering a remap. Are there any negatives with the uprated version? Do you supply any of the other parts such as the DMF, bolts or slave cylinder?
Thanks again.

Mine had a LUK fitted last year to fix my juddering in 1st and reverse problem and it's done the job. Can't really say if it’s better than any of those other brands you mentioned. I guess only time will tell.
Thanks for the feedback, LUK do pop up on deal at GSF and the like, I kind of get the feeling the DMF is more problematic at times, I haven’t experienced any clutch problems it’s coming out because the DMF sounds awful.

it would all depend on the lb/ft torque on the remap, but we could do a uprated organic clutch with a stronger cover plate, we can also supply the DMF’s and slaves

Mine had a LUK fitted last year to fix my juddering in 1st and reverse problem and it's done the job. Can't really say if its better than any of those other brands you mentioned. I guess only time will tell.

it would all depend on the lb/ft torque on the remap, but we could do a uprated organic clutch with a stronger cover plate, we can also supply the DMF’s and slaves
That all makes sense, as the vehicle weight increases with the build, larger wheels fitted and an increase in torque output any clutch is going to get a harder time. It’s a T28 102 5 speed so I won’t be going too mad, I think folks on here talk about going from the 240NM to 340NM range but I’d do my research fully first, hopefully someone will jump in with what’s a sensible and trouble free figure for this drivetrain setup? As long as there isn’t a noticeable increase in required pedal pressure what’s not to like?

Russ I'll send you a message mate what spec it'll probably need we map stacks of 5 speeds

Back