3rd Row Triple Bench Seat

ChrisPatt71

Hi all, I am looking at putting in a 3rd row position for my kombi triple bench seat, for the flexibility. I have purchased the QR brackets and the seat belts etc... but as yet I cannot confirm which reinforcement plates I need. I emailed just kampers and they only have brackets for the 2nd row. Will these be the same?

Any thoughts welcome.

Currently doing this project as well. My understanding is that this is the one you need. Happy to have that confirmed by someone more knowledgable than I. If that person happens to have links to a youtube or pictorial instruction of how to do it, even better. ;)

s-l1600 (1).jpg

My bad, it was the seat reinforcement plates I meant. I got the seat belt ones with the kit. Have you bought the seat reinforcement plates? If so which did you buy?

Interesting I guess I will have to have a good look for reinforcement in this section when I get the chance and post some pics for a second opinion.

Is it a factory kombi, that you're fitting out? The reinforcement plates are there already, threaded too. If not, we've found they dont do a specific plate, but we use the B pillar ones, and they work perfectly

Chris,

I’ll try and get a pic tomorrow of my factory 8 seater. I had the spare wheel out yesterday and spotted the rear most studs go through where the cross beam welds to the floor and there are no extra brackets.

Ian

Under the floor, on the factory kombis, the reinforcement is built into the floor/beam as standard, although we always fit the VW 'aftermarket brackets' as a matter of course on all conversions.

Is it a factory kombi, that you're fitting out? The reinforcement plates are there already, threaded too. If not, we've found they dont do a specific plate, but we use the B pillar ones, and they work perfectly
Yes, it is a factory Kombi so it sounds like I don't need them.

Cheers all, that's saved me a few quid. I'll post something when completed as it may save others the hassle.

Without looking I can’t remember. But there are specifics brackets for specific areas. A picture and we could recommend for you

Here are some pics - rear ones go through the cross member. Front ones are inside the support structure for the trailing arms and I doubt you’d get a bracket in there!

26C252D1-D01E-4867-8238-95FFD2BD2AD6.jpeg

14CED10E-353A-40FF-A033-C83E22D7E9D9.jpeg

D08DE2C0-9AF6-46B1-9175-2A2C8F4661F2.jpeg

no brackets, 3rd row factory shuttle. (blue tape on pictures)

View attachment 53948
You can’t actually see the rear mounts they are in the crossmember.

Here are some pics - rear ones go through the cross member. Front ones are inside the support structure for the trailing arms and I doubt you’d get a bracket in there!

View attachment 53949

View attachment 53950

View attachment 53951

That shows the extra strengthening. And you can get the smaller brackets in there no problem, although technically no needed, we still fit them.

Back