3 week old T6 faulty!

Recently spoke to a guy on through the T6 FB but and sell forum. Told me VW had given him his money back plus compo because the 102 engine had a inherent fault that they could not figure out. He was turning his back on VW after the experience.

Recently spoke to a guy on through the T6 FB but and sell forum. Told me VW had given him his money back plus compo because the 102 engine had a inherent fault that they could not figure out. He was turning his back on VW after the experience.
Maybe that's a last resort for me, I really want a T6 102 though they are so economical, mine has used no fuel at all over the last 8 days and zero emissions awesome:).

Last edited by a moderator:
Write to the dealer principal informing him of your right under the sale of goods act (of what ever it’s currently called) to formally reject the vehicle as it is not fit for purpose and that you want a new replacement ordered.
Then give then a time limit on a fix to your satisfaction.

Keep contemporaneous notes of everything.

Write to the dealer principal informing him of your right under the sale of goods act (of what ever it’s currently called) to formally reject the vehicle as it is not fit for purpose and that you want a new replacement ordered.
Then give then a time limit on a fix to your satisfaction.

Keep contemporaneous notes of everything.
Hi Loz
Thanks and yes we have detailed contemporaneous notes in our growing case file!!!! At 15:00 tomorrow VW have two options, hand over a fault free vehicle or find me a new vehicle of the exact same spec and deliver it pretty damn quick!

I don't see you having any problems rejecting the vehicle. It is literally, BRAND NEW and quite clearly not functioning properly.
I know no one wants to give up thier shiney new vehicle, especially after waiting for its delivery, however, who really wants to have a van that has been pulled apart by, ' highly trained technitions ', before its a couple of weeks old.
Fingers crossed for you though.

I don't see you having any problems rejecting the vehicle. It is literally, BRAND NEW and quite clearly not functioning properly.
I know no one wants to give up thier shiney new vehicle, especially after waiting for its delivery, however, who really wants to have a van that has been pulled apart by, ' highly trained technitions ', before its a couple of weeks old.
Fingers crossed for you though.
:(

Do you have another VW dealer you could try? Sounds like your supplying dealers are muppets.

My local Ford dealer are beyond hopeless, I use a dealer that's 45 miles away now even though it costs me a fortune to get there and back. (thirsty V8 Mustang)
V8 Mustang....................:inlove::notworthy::rolleyes:, who cares about the dealer's inadequacies:)..............V8 Mustang:thumbsup:

This fault doesn't sound like a problem premium fuel will solve it; but I have read a few times now that Euro6 engines are running that lean to meet the emissions & CO2 requirements, some brand new engines are just not running at all well if one of the sensors is just a fraction out, throwing the whole engine out of whack.
So the shell/bp premium fuels make a bigger difference now than ever on some Euro6 engines.
Not really relevant but many new motorbikes are now sold from brand new with dealer fit, factory approved new exhaust systems (tails), and complete with remaps; because they don't run very well without (just too lean)

Have this been resolved yet to your satisfaction?
I was called away with work yesterday so VW had an extra day with the van. Spoke with them an hour ago and the story is as follows!
They found a damaged o ring in the fuel return, test drove the vehicle and no fault present. Not convinced here, a damaged seal on the return line would result in a fuel leak and not cause air in the fuel delivery side of the system, or maybe I need to turn the clock back 30 years and go back to tech for five years then spend 25 years on the spanners!!!!! Anyone agree????:cool: Does anyone have any good jokes, I need a laugh!

I was called away with work yesterday so VW had an extra day with the van. Spoke with them an hour ago and the story is as follows!
They found a damaged o ring in the fuel return, test drove the vehicle and no fault present. Not convinced here, a damaged seal on the return line would result in a fuel leak and not cause air in the fuel delivery side of the system, or maybe I need to turn the clock back 30 years and go back to tech for five years then spend 25 years on the spanners!!!!! Anyone agree????:cool: Does anyone have any good jokes, I need a laugh!
PS forgot to say they fitted a new o ring.

In short no. The dealer is adamant they have the right to more time to fix the fault and that I can't reject until they say it can't be repaired!!!

In short no. The dealer is adamant they have the right to more time to fix the fault and that I can't reject until they say it can't be repaired!!!

No. Not quite. They must be given the opportunity to put it right, but the fact it was faulty from the get go strengthens your position. They don't seem to know what is wrong with it so how can they repair it? They are allowed one attempt which they have muffed up. Time to check out the sale of goods act and moan to vw customer service, not that they give a toss.

Update on my T6, got it back from dealer after 16 days no fault found they said. After driving it a few miles the fault was still present, I called into vw this morning and informed them that the vehicle still has a fault and that they had agreed if they could not repair the vehicle a replacement vehicle would be given to me, the reply from them was "you have come in on the wrong day the man you need is off, and you should have called first".
I left the dealers with them promising me a result today, so far nothing!!!!!!
Any Lawyers out there that can advise a very p....d o.f T6 owner?

Update on my T6, got it back from dealer after 16 days no fault found they said. After driving it a few miles the fault was still present, I called into vw this morning and informed them that the vehicle still has a fault and that they had agreed if they could not repair the vehicle a replacement vehicle would be given to me, the reply from them was "you have come in on the wrong day the man you need is off, and you should have called first".
I left the dealers with them promising me a result today, so far nothing!!!!!!
Any Lawyers out there that can advise a very p....d o.f T6 owner?

I’d park it at their gate,

Back