3 week old T6 faulty!

Sump plug

Hi all
Can anyone advise please, we picked our brand new T6 up from the dealer three weeks ago, it had 17 miles on the clock, on the way home some 7 miles the engine hesitated, at first I thought it was me fluffing the throttle or something. Over the next couple of days the engine kept misfiring/hesitating, I contacted VW and they booked it in for inspection, result was they said "its fine". The fault remained, I again contacted VW they made us wait a week until the "Technician that repairs engines is in" their words! The van went into VW on the 30th Oct and is still with VW as of now Sat 4th Nov. I spoke with the VW tech guy last night and he says they don't know whats wrong with the vehicle so they are going to try some injector cleaner as advised by VW tech fault department, as a retired mechanic with 30 years plus under my belt i say what rubbish!!! Any one had this fault with a T6 102ps?
Help!!!
thanks Paul

Reactions: mmi
Hi all
Can anyone advise please, we picked our brand new T6 up from the dealer three weeks ago, it had 17 miles on the clock, on the way home some 7 miles the engine hesitated, at first I thought it was me fluffing the throttle or something. Over the next couple of days the engine kept misfiring/hesitating, I contacted VW and they booked it in for inspection, result was they said "its fine". The fault remained, I again contacted VW they made us wait a week until the "Technician that repairs engines is in" their words! The van went into VW on the 30th Oct and is still with VW as of now Sat 4th Nov. I spoke with the VW tech guy last night and he says they don't know whats wrong with the vehicle so they are going to try some injector cleaner as advised by VW tech fault department, as a retired mechanic with 30 years plus under my belt i say what rubbish!!! Any one had this fault with a T6 102ps?
Help!!!
thanks Paul
An interesting one this @Sump plug, have not heard anyone else speak of such an issue. How many miles have you done in it; have you put enough fuel in it to flush any crap fuel that may have been in the tank from the factory? Hesitation that is intermittent could be a fuel supply problem.
My Mrs’s car was doing it, put that is petrol. Changed the plugs, issue sorted, clearly that ain’t gonna be the issue on a diesel van.

An interesting one this @Sump plug, have not heard anyone else speak of such an issue. How many miles have you done in it; have you put enough fuel in it to flush any crap fuel that may have been in the tank from the factory? Hesitation that is intermittent could be a fuel supply problem.

I was told by a tech that as a precaution you should always run either high end fuel, or an additive on the 1st tank of fuel, to remove any crud that might be in the tank or system. I always run my vehicles on V-power Diesel anyway.

Do you have another VW dealer you could try? Sounds like your supplying dealers are muppets.

My local Ford dealer are beyond hopeless, I use a dealer that's 45 miles away now even though it costs me a fortune to get there and back. (thirsty V8 Mustang)

Hi very interesting indeed. The van has now covered just under 1000 miles and on its 2nd full tank of fuel. VW told me prior to this week to just drive it, so we did with the fault present all the time. It is without doubt a fueling problem but what????????

Hi all
Help!!!
thanks Paul
Getting scary… I have a definite (verified by VW) injector failure. That’s my first one in 30 years of driving diesels. Engine is 150PS (build date Nov-15, 20000 miles now). Injectors should the same on 102PS.

Though the symptoms on mine have not been that drastic what you describe but interim, some hesitation quite a while ago a few times. The blame was put on rough roads, although the road was next day miraculously normal again.

See also threads Anyone else got this funny noise?

and Tick over noise

The replacement parts were ordered four weeks ago and I was just informed that they won’t be available before end of this month, even December was mentioned :speechless:.

Out of interest, and without going into the fuel quality issue that's talked about many times on dozens of different forums, who's fuel did you use?

Thanks all, my local VW which for now will remain nameless do seem to be muppets. They have just called and asked me to pick it up, watch this space.

Injector cleaner seems a strange remedy, surely the fuel tank should be dropped and cleaned out and the fuel filter changed as a minimum, to eliminate any crap that has got to the injecters in the first place?

Getting scary… I have a definite (verified by VW) injector failure. That’s my first one in 30 years of driving diesels. Engine is 150PS (build date Nov-15, 20000 miles now). Injectors should the same on 102PS.

Though the symptoms on mine have not been that drastic what you describe but interim, some hesitation quite a while ago a few times. The blame was put on rough roads, although the road was next day miraculously normal again.

and Tick over noise

The replacement parts were ordered four weeks ago and I was just informed that they won’t be available before end of this month, even December was mentioned :speechless:.
Out of interest, and without going into the fuel quality issue that's talked about many times on dozens of different forums, who's fuel did you use?

and Tick over noise

I guess you will have to see what VW have concluded, if they have actually found anything. I'd be tempted to run a tank of V-power or BP ultimate, just to see if that makes any difference. I know it's only a long shot, but it's a cheap way to just check, and wouldn't do any harm.

Thanks all, my local VW which for now will remain nameless do seem to be muppets. They have just called and asked me to pick it up, watch this space.
Ok went to VW they now tell me they have fitted a new fuel pump and that, quote "its a bit better" but the technical department want them to do some more work on the vehicle as its still not running properly, when I questioned them on the work they had done so far they tell me that air is present in the leak off pipe, so I conclude air is being drawn in somewhere in the suction side of the system, I still don't have my van parked outside the house!!!! To be fare though the agent have loaned me a vehicle. I'm still not put off owning a T6 though, its a cool vehicle!

Injector cleaner seems a strange remedy, surely the fuel tank should be dropped and cleaned out and the fuel filter changed as a minimum, to eliminate any crap that has got to the injecters in the first place?
Yeh know what you are saying but crap can't really get to the injectors it would be stopped at the two filters in the system the final one a 60 micron. also if a spec of debris did get to an injector it would be destroyed, will see what the next installment from VW brings!!!!

Reactions: mmi
I had an engine ‘hesitation’ a couple of times in my van when I first bought it. I’m no mechanic so did what someone else mentioned and filled it with V Power (£120 fill up). This was around 2-3 months ago and no sign of returning. I put it down to crap in the tank getting filtered through.

I had an engine ‘hesitation’ a couple of times in my van when I first bought it. I’m no mechanic so did what someone else mentioned and filled it with V Power (£120 fill up). This was around 2-3 months ago and no sign of returning. I put it down to crap in the tank getting filtered through.
OK cool will keep that in mind if VW don't fix the problem, thanks

VW said crap in the tank, I said how often do I need to do that? They didn't seem to find it funny!
So you have to urinate in the adblue tank, and take a dump in the fuel. Gonna be hard to get that down the filler neck!:eek:

Back