204PS MPG

That says “since start”. How many miles was that averaged over? I can get mine upto 200mpg if I start at the top of a long hill:whistle:

Why does no one show the No.2 display which is more realistic? 23.5mpg on mine, anyone can play silly beggars and get astronomical figures with screen 1. Mine isn't run it yet!
Wow! Didn't realise this was a such a touchy subject. Only put it on there for a laugh, hence the comment.

Normal average is about 32, pretty much like everyone else I guess - sorry! Won't bother next time.

No 2 reading is 27 on my 199 over 18000 miles. It was lower when I got it 5000 miles ago. I do a lot of shorter journeys with occasional longer ones.

I average 34mpg this is from recording the fuel used between refuelling for the last 2 years.

Mainly motorway at 80mph , cruise set to 130kmh.

I had to Google flounce, first thoughts it was another one of those classifications for somebody that is neither one nor the tother depending on which way the wind is blowing.
Did Google return “is an attribute”?!!

Just done a round trip of 700 miles. The van is fantastic. 30 mpg on dash which I know under reads on a tank to tank basis by ~2mpg, and factor in the 20’s at 5% oversized means I’ll conservatively estimate 34mpg. Mostly at 70-80 and not pussy footing about, so not bad in my book.

That aside though, the shear torque with minimal throttle input is so impressive especially when we were 6 adults and one child with luggage. It really is an impressive engine.

My T6.1 204 DSG 2WD on 19" with 255/45r19:

BF98F8B1-D5D6-44CC-98C9-681EFB272EB1.png
A mix of driving from flat 40mph roads, lots of stop-start town driving (see average speed of 30mph), motorway miles at real speeds (some slow, some fast), some driving where I've been attempting to be frugal (or more accurately been early for something), some driving over mountainous terrain and some driving like my pants are on fire (because I need to grow up!).

For me the 32.5 mpg is about as realistic as mpg gets - I can get 40 mpg (but may pay with my life as I'll fall asleep through boredom) and I can get 23 mpg (if I'm am being a knob!)

Last edited:
T6.1 Caravelle 204 May 2021 18” factory alloys currently 2500 miles.
Agree with most 38mpg can be achieved fairly easily with some camping gear and a couple of bikes on the rear so not very aerodynamic but pushed 32mpg

Back