2017 Cali Beach split charge system partially missing

danp162

VIP Member
Hi all, first post here but have been lingering for a while.

I've had some split charge issues with my 2017 t6 Cali Beach. Purchased it a few months ago. I have the relay with 100 written on it with all associated cables, the 80 amp fuse under the passenger seat, the leisure battery and electrical hook up.

The kicker is when I check the main fuse in the fuse box under the battery in engine bay. I have no connected cable in position 3 which I understand is the split charge relay. Has anyone got any idea what's going on here? my next task is to trace back the cable which I thought was the feed from starter battery into the relay and see where it ends up. IMG_20220614_212617.jpg

Post some pics of what you have under the seat.

The relay and fuse etc.

Here you go. I should probably add that u have no 12v current going down the cable thought to be the one from starter battery to split charge.

IMG_20220521_202916.jpg

IMG_20220521_202922.jpg

Looks like u have the OEM 80A fuse and 100A relay.

Can you get a few pics of the cable going into the the relay and fuse holder...they both unclip.

The main feed normally comes from the fuse box under the starter battery .

More info here.

Its been taken out to fit a DC charger then during fitting when the charger didn't spring into life I realised I had no 12v current into it. Also confirmed by multimeter when engine running. Alternator working perfectly.

The relay had two thick red live cables, one thinner brown earth and one very thin ignition live just as it should.

It's in the manual as having a split charge system. It's very peculiar that there is nothing then connected at the other end in the fuse box under starter battery. I know the previous Owen may have also had issues but they didn't think they had noticed any issues for a while but they also regularly plugged the van in.

Its been taken out to fit a DC charger then during fitting when the charger didn't spring into life I realised I had no 12v current into it. Also confirmed by multimeter when engine running. Alternator working perfectly.

The relay had two thick red live cables, one thinner brown earth and one very thin ignition live just as it should.

It's in the manual as having a split charge system. It's very peculiar that there is nothing then connected at the other end in the fuse box under starter battery. I know the previous Owen may have also had issues but they didn't think they had noticed any issues for a while but they also regularly plugged the van in.
I just browsed @Loz’s DC-DC charger fitment thread and couldn’t see any mention nor photos of the e-box of his Cali, so wonder if they shouldn’t have removed that cable from position 3. I’ve tagged him here in the hope he’ll see what the error could be

Reactions: Loz
I done the same thing....

Swapped out for DC-DC charger.

See here for fitting..

Back