2016 t6 euro 6 vcds mods so far

I have copied this from another thread so that more can see it.

I was so fed up with Auto Stop/Start and couldn't find a way with VCDS or VCP so I just fitted a nice little memory device bought on eBay for £28.99. See item 322352078637 by seller idegencris.
You connect it to the back of the switch. It is only three wires and he even confirmed the method for removal of the switch and the wiring. Which ever position you decide to leave it in, it will remember that for the next start so you can have it as normal stop/starting or if you turn it off it will do that 4 seconds after the next time you turn the ignition on.
The radio trim needs to be removed in order to push stop/start switch out. The switch comes out easily but the radio trim was tight but I can advise where the catches/lugs are so you know where to pull it. I then pulled to harness out through the opening left at the side of the radio to work on it. I backed the three wires out of the plug as that way I could finish it off with heat shrink and then push the pins back in. I do tried to add a picture of it and the picture the seller gave me explaining the switch removal. He also told me the wires are connected as such (I did confirm and luckily they are all on one side of the connector).

(Module -- Car)
BLUE -- Brown/Black (signal)
RED -- Black (acc/ignition)
BROWN -- Brown (Gnd)

The finish off this little device is absolutely brilliant.
Oh, one other thing for all those Stop Start fans please read the article by Autocar (link provided below or just go to Autocar and search for it).
Stop-Start Technology: Is it bad for my engine?

I intend to keep this van for a few years and probably out of my 5 year factory warranty. I kept my old 2003 T5 right up to this year.
PS Just for info I am a retired engineer from Jaguar Land Rover Power Train development and as far as I am concerned stop start is the work of the devil.
View attachment 14333 View attachment 14334
Hi just seen your post and I ordered the module, what im not clear about, is do you cut the vehicle wiring and replace with this module or is the module just spliced into the existing cable, thanks

You don't cut any wires. Just bare them a few cm away from the connector. It is better to remove the pins from the connector first as that way you can use heat shrink over the wires.

Back