2016 t6 euro 6 vcds mods so far

andy banes

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Having bought a vcds cable and couldn't resist playing I thought I would list the successes and stuff that needs more work...

So after completing and saving a full scan...

1) Activated the TPMS as per previous instructions inserted B3
light on dash works on key on and it is in the settings to set the pressures

2) Activated the needle sweep on switching on ( its called indicator sweep on the drop down adaptations menu)

3) Activated the auto lock and auto unlock this was already there in a simple drop down menu where you just changed a code from 0 to 1 for both auto lock and then for auto unlock

4) the tear drop wipe is in a drop down menu but when you go to select it, it is saying its not available...

so far so good

Reactions: mmi
Check the part number for subsystem 2 and subsystem 3 in module 09 cent elec

Subsystem 1 - Part No: 5K7 955 559 C Labels: 5K7-955-559.CLB
Component: RLS 270816 04 42 0106
Coding: 0228EE
Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 7E0 959 801 Q HW: 7E0 959 801 Q Labels: 7E0-959-80X-V2.CLB
Component: J386__TSG_FT 003 0653
Serial number: KU0KU030081662434437
Coding: 1400B1

Having bought a vcds cable and couldn't resist playing I thought I would list the successes and stuff that needs more work...

So after completing and saving a full scan...

1) Activated the TPMS as per previous instructions inserted B3
light on dash works on key on and it is in the settings to set the pressures

2) Activated the needle sweep on switching on ( its called indicator sweep on the drop down adaptations menu)

3) Activated the auto lock and auto unlock this was already there in a simple drop down menu where you just changed a code from 0 to 1 for both auto lock and then for auto unlock

4) the tear drop wipe is in a drop down menu but when you go to select it, it is saying its not available...

so far so good

Whats needle sweep? Nevermind just found it - added to my list lol

Are you able to turn start stop off on 204 dsg euro 6 ?
Thanks
I have a euro5 180 dsg and Adams off this forum has switched the stop start off threw vsd,s so it's off permanent :D
Might be worth dropping him a private message and asking m8

Are you able to turn start stop off on 204 dsg euro 6 ?
Thanks
You can't do it with VCDS (or it hasn't been sussed yet) he used a different bit of kit to do it thats a bit rarer, VCP

I have copied this from another thread so that more can see it.

I was so fed up with Auto Stop/Start and couldn't find a way with VCDS or VCP so I just fitted a nice little memory device bought on eBay for £28.99. See item 322352078637 by seller idegencris.
You connect it to the back of the switch. It is only three wires and he even confirmed the method for removal of the switch and the wiring. Which ever position you decide to leave it in, it will remember that for the next start so you can have it as normal stop/starting or if you turn it off it will do that 4 seconds after the next time you turn the ignition on.
The radio trim needs to be removed in order to push stop/start switch out. The switch comes out easily but the radio trim was tight but I can advise where the catches/lugs are so you know where to pull it. I then pulled to harness out through the opening left at the side of the radio to work on it. I backed the three wires out of the plug as that way I could finish it off with heat shrink and then push the pins back in. I do tried to add a picture of it and the picture the seller gave me explaining the switch removal. He also told me the wires are connected as such (I did confirm and luckily they are all on one side of the connector).

(Module -- Car)
BLUE -- Brown/Black (signal)
RED -- Black (acc/ignition)
BROWN -- Brown (Gnd)

The finish off this little device is absolutely brilliant.
Oh, one other thing for all those Stop Start fans please read the article by Autocar (link provided below or just go to Autocar and search for it).
Stop-Start Technology: Is it bad for my engine?

I intend to keep this van for a few years and probably out of my 5 year factory warranty. I kept my old 2003 T5 right up to this year.
PS Just for info I am a retired engineer from Jaguar Land Rover Power Train development and as far as I am concerned stop start is the work of the devil.
DSC_0553a.jpg s-l1600.jpg

anytime really mate, obviously evenings and weekends are prob easier for both of us but i am often at the office during the day if you have a day off and want to pop in ?

Back