2 Gang sockets

Okay @jimc91 .........maybe I should get an electrician because that means nothing to me! The irony is, my son is a sparky...........in Australia........oh, and my future son in law.....yup, you guessed it.......he's a sparky in Australia!:cry:

maybe time to ask in person when things allow
good look

maybe time to ask in person when things allow
good look
We should have seen our son twice and my future son in law and daughter also twice in the last 13 months. Covid has made me realise that having your kids living on the other side of the globe has its problems!:cry:

Why not move out there pal
Andy....if I said to my wife let's go.....she'd be off to pack her bags! I'm not ready for it yet but the kids want us to go. They're both still working their way through the aussie immigration process.....my son has been there nearly 7 years and my daughter 5 years. Don't believe that crap on wanted down under.....you'd think a doctor and a sparky would breeze in. The aussie's aren't mugs. My kids just haven't been touched by covid..... Except that they couldn't come home and we couldn't visit for Christmas. Ah well. :thumbsup:

Dave
get your name on the list
life is too short I’m only 50 not young but getting up there
Theres not a lot over hear for us, other than unacceptable taxes

Andy

Okay.....thanks gents. Next question:
in lay man's terms, what is the difference between a single pole and a double pole light switch? Also, I've noticed on screwfix's website, some switches are shown as "intermediates" whereas on other websites, the term "intermediate" doesn't seem to be used. :thumbsup:

Intermediate’s are generally light switches for use on say a staircase where you might have a landing halfway.

Single pole and double pole switches normally applies to the switch on a 13A skt, the double pole switch will isolate both live and neutral outgoing conductors to avoid the possibility of sending a live down the neutral conductor of a plugged in appliance if the skts are incorrectly reverse polarity.
An intermediate light switch will be inline between the two far ends of a two way switched light as has been said a mid point on a stairway or corridor light cct, it's a changeover switch and effectively reverses the connections of the strappers only leaving the common if it's present running straight through.
As for wanting to go to Australia I've never wanted to go there even for an holiday, watched Miriam Margoles driving through there and outside of the sun and surf coast it's like this country was back in the 70s.

Single pole and double pole switches normally applies to the switch on a 13A skt, the double pole switch will isolate both live and neutral outgoing conductors to avoid the possibility of sending a live down the neutral conductor of a plugged in appliance if the skts are incorrectly reverse polarity.
An intermediate light switch will be inline between the two far ends of a two way switched light as has been said a mid point on a stairway or corridor light cct, it's a changeover switch and effectively reverses the connections of the strappers only leaving the common if it's present running straight through.
As for wanting to go to Australia I've never wanted to go there even for an holiday, watched Miriam Margoles driving through there and outside of the sun and surf coast it's like this country was back in the 70s.
Yeh, I get that.........it can have a rough and ready feel about the place. The standard of driving is third world! Apart from Dubai, it's the only country I've ever been to where I've not hired a car and we were in Perth..........which is hardly the outback! It's also a young persons country. At 56, I don't qualify on that count!:thumbsup:

Back