2 Gang sockets

mopardave

150 Kombi Manual
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Evening gents........what do we think of sockets with usb charging points built into them? I'm decorating at home and want to fit some chrome switches and sockets but wondered if they're any good?
Cheers! :thumbsup:

Hi @mopardave .... have fitted a lot of these over time with no problems and the prices of them have reduced...
however with the new iPhones you can now use wireless charging pads so they are not used as much.:)

I had 2 MK ones both from screwfix if that makes any difference both used everyday and they both packed up after about a year plus their not cheap
but there again someone's probably had a cheap one for 5 years and it's still working

I did this during fitting our kitchen last year. Got them from Click4electrics

The brand I settled on was Click Deco Satin Chrine as it was highly recommended by my Sparky.

They look the biz hence they are now installed throughout the house.

I did this during fitting our kitchen last year. Got them from Click4electrics

The brand I settled on was Click Deco Satin Chrine as it was highly recommended by my Sparky.

They look the biz hence they are now installed throughout the house.
I was just looking at click!! :thumbsup:

Cheers @Ricardo T .........just wondered if they might have a tendency to overcharge stuff???
Not once have I had this issue plus today’s technology uses intelligent charging so you won’t have this problem.

I was just looking at click!! :thumbsup:
We have 6 of the click usb sockets round the house. They look great and aren’t expensive.

I noticed recently they now do double USB sockets too.

Last edited:
They’re great. Better still, they’re now at Screwfix with the USB-C port as well (which is slowly becoming the standard!)

regarding, overcharging, whacking a non-Apple product onto an Apple charger can achieve this too!

just wondered if they might have a tendency to overcharge stuff???

The charge control is carried out by the device, not the socket.

The USB port just needs to meet the relevant USB socket specifications for voltage (min/max). The maximum current they can provide varies especially when using 2 USB connection on one double plate at the same time. Check the specs.

If you want rapid charging using proprietary fast charge communications (e.g. Quick Charge 3 [QC3]), you are better off with an appropriate plug in charger that supports the technology used by your device. If you just want to normal charge a device overnight, then a standard USB supply is fine.

We've got a few around the house and they all seem to work well. As a [very] non-techy type, the only thing that I would warn against is the fact that some of them have what to me seem to be very bright LEDs indicating the USB sockets that you can't turn off (and it's not obvious when you just see them in the packaging). We had a couple and I found one of them particularly annoying as it managed to light up the entire hallway until replaced

The wife’s got them in her lair.....does the iPhone and USB led lights....don’t go in there much...but says it’s better than using the iPhone plugs....:inlove:

ps...I Only use MK sockets...

Evening gents........what do we think of sockets with usb charging points built into them? I'm decorating at home and want to fit some chrome switches and sockets but wondered if they're any good?
Cheers! :thumbsup:
I bought the Screwfix version about four years ago and it’s constantly in use.. it’s still going strong!

Okay.....thanks gents. Next question:
in lay man's terms, what is the difference between a single pole and a double pole light switch? Also, I've noticed on screwfix's website, some switches are shown as "intermediates" whereas on other websites, the term "intermediate" doesn't seem to be used. :thumbsup:

Okay.....thanks gents. Next question:
in lay man's terms, what is the difference between a single pole and a double pole light switch? Also, I've noticed on screwfix's website, some switches are shown as "intermediates" whereas on other websites, the term "intermediate" doesn't seem to be used. :thumbsup:
a single pole switches off the live side of the light , a double pole switches off the negative and live side of the light

a single pole switches off the live side of the light , a double pole switches off the negative and live side of the light
Okay @jimc91 .........maybe I should get an electrician because that means nothing to me! The irony is, my son is a sparky...........in Australia........oh, and my future son in law.....yup, you guessed it.......he's a sparky in Australia!:cry:

Back