180PS burning through oil

Vaughan

Hi, I have now done 10000 miles in my new van (180) I've now put in a total of 4 litres of oil!!!
My dealer says it's normal to use 1 litre per 1000 miles!!! (Oil ain't cheap anymore!) Is this right?
I also have a very annoying vibration that I think is coming from the small box compartment on in the cab roof?
Anyone else got an annoying vibration? If so what's the cure?
Thanks for any help...

I have the same 18o engine, mine doesn't use any oil, my old 3.0 v6 petrol Audi used 1ltr of oil per 1000/1500 miles and that was classed as usual.
Can only advise you take it back to the dealers with regard to the rattle.

I have a 180 aswell and I've clocked up nearly 5000 miles and hasnt used any oil 4 ltrs of oil is a lot for 10000 miles

Hi, I have now done 10000 miles in my new van (180) I've now put in a total of 4 litres of oil!!!
My dealer says it's normal to use 1 litre per 1000 miles!!! (Oil ain't cheap anymore!) Is this right?
I also have a very annoying vibration that I think is coming from the small box compartment on in the cab roof?
Anyone else got an annoying vibration? If so what's the cure?
Thanks for any help...
I equally get a vibration from that box on the roof, mine is actually the flat cover plate behind the interior light. This pops out and has a couple of spring clips on it. I pulled the clips out further so that they grip tighter. It stopped the vibration.

I have a 180 bhp too, not used a drop of oil and I check it constantly.

I equally get a vibration from that box on the roof, mine is actually the flat cover plate behind the interior light. This pops out and has a couple of spring clips on it. I pulled the clips out further so that they grip tighter. It stopped the vibration.
Thanks for that info I'll give it a try

Good link rob exactly what's needed here somewhere to get the fact and figures, oil consumption is only going to get worse

approx. 500ml at 3000 miles........it may not have been filled right up anyway so I don't know if it had actually consumed any oil? I'll monitor it now though.

Used 1 ltr in the first 5k the nothing since, only at the services. Now on 53k.

I recently had a service on my T6 4motion bi-turbo and about 1000 miles later the oil warning light came on. Checked dip stick and didn't show any oil.

Took back to the garage and they had what was left of the 2nd 5 litre oil box. Sure they had checked it was at correct level (used them for years) and filled up again with approx 1 litre.

About 1000 miles later 2/3 of the dip stick level has gone again...

Removed tray, no sign of any oil, engine bay doesn't smell and the exhaust looks clean.

Removed filler cap after a long drive and there is smoke coming out, and quite a bit of pressure if I try to cover it with my hand.

Any ideas? I would expect a sooty exhaust / smoke if the rings are shot but none, unless the particulate filter is catching it..

I've had it from new, full VW service and on 82,000 now.

Just out of warranty..

Some early T6 bi turbos suffer from the same EGR cooler issues that plagued the T5.1 had so if its a 180 engine then you could be in for trouble :(

Back