2020 110PS manual: engine oil usage

Mickpembo

Afternoon all,
A bit of advice please from those of you who know your engine stuff. I'm looking to bid/buy on a 2020 2.0 TDI 110 with 17k miles on the clock, not been serviced yet but has just been topped up with 2 litres of oil. Should I be concerned with this amount of oil usage on a low mileage 2020 vehicle? Look forward to your comments. Thanks.

I keep my 2020 110 with 23k filled to half way up the dipstick hash markings to avoid the oil too high warnings.
It hasn't moved in 4 months, doesn't seem to touch the oil at all...

Afternoon all,
A bit of advice please from those of you who know your engine stuff. I'm looking to bid/buy on a 2020 2.0 TDI 110 with 17k miles on the clock, not been serviced yet but has just been topped up with 2 litres of oil. Should I be concerned with this amount of oil usage on a low mileage 2020 vehicle? Look forward to your comments. Thanks.
Check for external leaks if you haven’t already. Were you checking the dipstick regularly as a 2L top up seems excessive, I would think that’s below the minimum mark on the dipstick?

Last edited:
Check for external leaks if you haven’t already. Were you checking the dipstick regularly as a 2L top up seems excessive, I would think that’s below the minimum mark on the dipstick?
Hasn't bought it yet! Asking if the 2l of oil that he knows it has been topped up with is excessive.

Reactions: DXX
2 litres is a lot.

Check how high the oil is on the dipstick. If it’s over max then ask why that much was put in. If it‘s not over max then walk away - the vehicle has not been maintained properly.

Pete

17k miles on the clock, not been serviced yet
I missed that bit first time around, Run away, Long Life servicing is aimed at fleets with a company vehicle life of 5 years before selling off for others to suffer the consequences.
IMO the synthetic oil can deal with the 20000 between oil changes, it’s just the high risk of engine damage from fuel dilution in that time.
Plenty more fish in the sea.

Back