17” wheels don’t fit

LordGozer

T6 Pro
Looking for some help please. I bought my van with 18” wheels and have decided to go back to 17”.

I have bought some 17” Devonport wheels but they will not fit on the hub. The diameter of the centre hole is smaller than the 18” wheels so they only sit on the outer rim and not flush against the wheel hub.

Any ideas on how to solve please, I’m sure the converters did not change anything when they took off the original wheels to put the 18” wheels on.

Thanks

Are your spigot rings still stuck to hub? (Assuming the aftermarket 18's had them).

Are you sure there isn't a spigot ring fitted to the hub? These are used to center up aftermarket wheels that may have a larger center bore.

Just googled a spigot ring (complete novice here) that that does make sense, I’ve put the 18” wheels back on now but I think I probably recognise the issue now. Thank you.

assume the next issue will now be getting them off

Maybe a job for next weekend now

Thank you for the speedy responses.

I’m also on Devonports (and happy with them). Purely out of interest, why are you going back to them?

They are often plastic as their job is just to center the wheel on the hub. If so, probably easiest to cut them off with a Stanley knife or a sharp chisel.

I’m also on Devonports (and happy with them). Purely out of interest, why are you going back to them?

I am only getting about 9k miles out of a set of tyres so want to try 17” with commercial van tyres on them. I have a full camper conversion so pretty much running at full weight all the time and lowered on B14. The front tyres needed replacing so I had nothing to loose in terms of cost as the devonports have almost new tyres

I am only getting about 9k miles out of a set of tyres so want to try 17” with commercial van tyres on them. I have a full camper conversion so pretty much running at full weight all the time and lowered on B14. The front tyres needed replacing so I had nothing to loose in terms of cost as the devonports have almost new tyres
You need alignment doing if on b14s and running low

@rover220 I had that done a few months after the B14’s were installed but subsequently learnt the Hunter alignment system is the best. I’ve found one in Southampton local to me so once the new wheels are on they will be the next stop.

Back