12v Sockets

Urbanfox

Bri
T6 Guru
Well guys, I'm as new to this forum as can be but even newer to a T6. I only collect my newly converted 2016 Camper next week.
Now the guy who converts, Kahuna Campers in Wigan has fitted more than enough power sockets in various places, from 240v to USB but i have noticed that the drivers position is really lacking for such devices as a Dash Cam and Sat Nav. Now I'm going to ask him to instal a 12v socket where there is a blanking plug on the dash, 2016 feb T28, which will power my new Garmin sat nav. Now the burning question is, I also want to install a Dash Cam at some point in the near future and I don't want to take up the remaing 12v socket but to hard wire the cam. I do know the tech aspect, i.e finding a switched live not a perm that I can piggy back for the cam but what is the best reliable kit to supply 5v. My Garmin Sat Nav needs the 12 V socket as its also the ariel for Traffic. The Dash Cam is a Transend Drive Pro 200 which runs very well on 5v but I only wan't it to activate with the ignition in the on position. So what hardwire kit can you reccomend?
Thanks to all
Brian

Back