12v Erratic Voltage Issue

RikParr73

T6 Pro
Hi

My Sargent EC50 control panel recently started alarming. When I checked the voltage indicator was showing 14.7 - hence the alarm. I took the seat out and put a meter on the battery and it was 12.8, however the voltage meter (as in the video) showed a different voltage. I've checked all connections and they look ok. The stereo has reset too, which is connected to both the main battery/ignition and the LB (via switch) but was not switched on for the LB, so I'm totally lost. Please see video to see what's happening. I will have access to another LB tomorrow to swap out and check but wondered if anyone could advise what it could be - TIA.

Link to video: IMG_1228.MOV

Hopefully the link works lol!

link works. . .

loose connection somewhere?

or is that LB totally flat?

was that with engine off?

Was with engine off. Battery reading 12.8 with meter, but did drop when it was having it's little paddy.

Changed LB battery and same issue present. I have checked connections/fuses - all appear ok. What is interesting is that when I remove the fuse (circled in the diagram) for the solar panel pos feed nothing at all works. I put the multi meter across the bus bars and no voltage but continuity from the battery to the bus bars on both pos and neg, also have continuity to shunt from LB. Have disconnected sargent and still same. The portable system is not connected btw.

1666086867642.png

Bad connection/blown fuse between LB & Sargeant unit. The battery acts as a sink for the charger, if the charger is trying to charge & the connection is poor, the voltage on the charger side will rise
Changed LB battery and same issue present. I have checked connections/fuses - all appear ok. What is interesting is that when I remove the fuse (circled in the diagram) for the solar panel pos feed nothing at all works. I put the multi meter across the bus bars and no voltage but continuity from the battery to the bus bars on both pos and neg, also have continuity to shunt from LB. Have disconnected sargent and still same. The portable system is not connected btw.

View attachment 176346
where's the sargeant unit?

Found the issue! Bad connection between LB and bus bar, really weird as it 'seemed' to have continuity when I checked this morning, but after removing cable, the fuse and re-connecting it all back up it is now working. Thanks for taking the time to help. 1666097642075.png

Back