“Brake Fluid” warning message

Jongall

Sold.
T6 Pro
driving the 66miles each way to Bristol today and on the way back, a red warning for brake fluid ‘check owners manual’ came on and went off about 11 times. Any ideas?

Brake fluid may be low, triggering the level switch on and off. May be no more than a small top-up required - have a look at the level in the reservoir under the bonnet. If it is close to the minimum marker then this is probably it.

Top it up with the correct brake fluid and monitor closely.

The fluid level drops as the pads wear.

Pete

Pete in the post above is spot on but if it was me I would be calling into a reputable garage to get them to check the brake pad levels, if they have worn enough to drop the fluid level to that low a level level then they may need replacing.
If the pads are ok then you may have a leak - best get the professionals to check where brakes are concerned.

Brake fluid may be low, triggering the level switch on and off. May be no more than a small top-up required - have a look at the level in the reservoir under the bonnet. If it is close to the minimum marker then this is probably it.

Top it up with the correct brake fluid and monitor closely.

The fluid level drops as the pads wear.

Pete
Level seems fine.
Although have just been through service manual and it’s not had a brake fluid change. 16 plate, 28k miles and 3 services. Could this be it?

I don’t have the manual to hand. What does it say about that warning light coming on ?

Pete

Most prob low brake pads causing low fluid levels.

Have the pads checked and replaced.

Thread merge
Hi guys,
Has anyone had this warning light/message?
Comes on randomly while driving along for a few seconds at a time then goes back off. Never when pressing brakes.
Had it into the garage a couple of times in which various bits have been replaced but still happening. ‍♂️driving me mad

2F92513E-DEBC-48FE-8620-A360E8F4A66E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the brake fluid level low? If it is, check the wear on the brake pads BEFORE you are tempted to top it up, low fluid level generally goes hand in hand with pad wear, it's not a good idea to top up reservoir unless the pads have just been changed to give you some warning the pads are getting worn.

may need to check the brake fluid level sender and wiring for intermittent connections, pull the plug off the sender and see if it gives the same result on the dash.(assuming it works by disconnecting a loop when the level drops)
You could try shorting the sender wires and see if it persists, if it doesn't then the sender is the culprit (or the fluid level is too low for it)

Checked again and level is low. Not really low so guessing the garage should have topped this up? Will pick some up tomorrow and hopefully problem solved!

If you can spare the time, it may be worth flushing the old stuff through and starting afresh.

Back