Power steering fluid question

AussieMick

T6 Guru
Is the correct power steering fluid for a 2016 T6 , caac engine, fully synthetic. I have looked in the owners manual and can't find any information
I had a look online but got conflicting information.
Does VW stipulate any particular type.
Mine needs a small topping up in the reservoir and we are about to hit the road again so have just checked all the fluids.

I feel your pain Mick. I have exactly the same engine - couldn’t find a definitive source for this info. Manual was useless. I used this in the end on recommendation from another thread that I think @Dellmassive had posted. Only been a few weeks but no issues so far.

4BCD0B1B-1646-4D4E-BD57-A0F1DD3C5A00.jpeg

Is the correct power steering fluid for a 2016 T6 , caac engine, fully synthetic. I have looked in the owners manual and can't find any information
I had a look online but got conflicting information.
Does VW stipulate any particular type.
Mine needs a small topping up in the reservoir and we are about to hit the road again so have just checked all the fluids.
Hi Mick, I'm in Australia also, did you find a suitable fluid to top up your power steering reservoir? I need to top mine up and all I can find is a reference in the Haynes T5 manual that specifies VW fluid G 002 000. The reservoir and placement in the engine bay look like the T6 but who knows. Something I could pick up at Autobarn or Repco would be useful.
Cheers, Brian

Thanks Oldiebut Goodie,

I wasn't sure how readily a VW fluid would be available out here in OZ; I thought I would have to find an equivalent by Castrol or penrite or similar but looking on line I have found a supplier on line out here for the VW G 004 000 so all is good. Thanks again, Brian.

It's probably half the price to look for CHF202 and then checking for the G004000 on the label than it is to start with VWs code and work back

Back