I'm running Kumho Ecsta 255/45 r18.
Any reason these are not on your list as I have no complaints at all about them.

Good Morning All,

I'm looking to purchase another set of tyres, this time 255/45/18s. One minute I think I've made my mind up and then I've read a reveiw and it puts me off....

Here is a list of the tyres I'm interested in and was wondering if anyone can provide me with some real reviews as transporter owners as most of the reviews online are mainly performance car owners.

Falken FK510
Goodyear Aysmmentric 3
UniRoyal Rain 3
Hancook Ventus Evo S1
Nexun SU1
You don't say what your primary/prefered use is?

Simple facts with tyres in my opinion.
The more expensive the better they perform, but don't last.
The cheaper, the longer they last but don't perform.

With everything you've just done, cheaper tyres will waste that by loosing grip faster than your new setup will demand. However the premium ones will be worn out pretty efficiently with all that motorway driving you're about to undertake.

Me? I'm chuffed with the Nexans as you know, but they are not the best performer at high cornering speeds.

So to answer your question.
I've no idea either old boy.

You don't say what your primary/prefered use is?

I'm looking at grip, wear rate and side wall flex when cornering...I know all tyres flex but some with stiff sidewalls create a harsher ride but corner well where soft sidewalls flex on cornering but are smoother...I'm looking at overall experiences and then hopefully I can decide.

I’m running the Asymmetric 3’s on the front and conti sport contact on the rear. Much prefer the asymmetrics.

I have considered these, but ther £20-£30 per tyre more than others so was wondering if the extra cost is worth it.

I had goodyear on the Ghosts and they were good

I have considered these, but ther £20-£30 per tyre more than others so was wondering if the extra cost is worth it.

I had goodyear on the Ghosts and they were good

I only saw 8000 miles on a set of Goodyear Eagle F1's but they were exceptionally quiet, and super sticky.

I’m going with Rain sport 3 on my new wheels. Got them on my car and been happy with them. Good value for money. Cheapest iv found is on Camskill web site.

I'm looking at grip, wear rate and side wall flex when cornering...I know all tyres flex but some with stiff sidewalls create a harsher ride but corner well where soft sidewalls flex on cornering but are smoother...I'm looking at overall experiences and then hopefully I can decide.
Goodyear Eagle F1 as my summer preference.

Last edited:
I've got Goodyears on the front at the moment. Done over 8k in them so far; say there's about any 2-3k in them. Fairly quiet too.

I've just turned 20k on the original tyres that came on my T32 kombi. I did swap front to rears at 10k though so that might of helped. Still got 6mm on all 4.

I run asymmetric 2 on mine only because asymmetric 3 arnt available in my size.

They are the longest lasting thty I have owned at 12k a set. They are quiet and exceptional grip.

Rainsport 3 lasted 6k. Great tyre but never again.

Hi All

Was in Cornwall this weekend and woke up this morning to front left flat! Got some air in it and went to Kwik fit but no tyres in 20 inch! Went to Halfords bought some spray stuff (2 cans!) and it worked and drove home back to Dorset! Was stunned it worked and worked well!

Anyway my ask is please have Falkens on and done about 10k but going to replace all tyres as not over impressed with them for several reasons.

I know lots of debate but what tyres are you guru's going for please and size? Van lowered 40mm.

Thank you

Nick

I must say the Tyre puncture repair is good stuff I have used it in the past and it works well, A lot of cars infact most cars come with a portable 12v compressor and a puncture repair kit, I got one in the boot of my car, There is no spare tyre or a space saver wheel, just some puncture repair kit which plugs onto the 12v compressor and injects some kind of adhesive into the tyre whilst it is been inflated, only a one of use, not re-useable, needs to be replaced once it has been used. good for getting you out of trouble..
Not made for a long term fix.

Hi, apologies in advance, I know you’ve all been down this road before.
Got some 19” bandies coming, 9.5 j and 10j. On b14s all the way down plus machines out top mounts. 255/45/19 all round??
Thanks

Hi, apologies in advance, I know you’ve all been down this road before.
Got some 19” bandies coming, 9.5 j and 10j. On b14s all the way down plus machines out top mounts. 255/45/19 all round??
Thanks

Slight delay in this being answered, and I assume you're sorted now?

As I run the same wheels, I've gone through several sets, and about to buy another. Ignoring my current issue with rear tyre problems, which I hope i'm about to resolve, but that's a separate topic, and one you might want to read if you're going on the same set-up as me. Lowering And Wheel Alignment Issues? I'm going to give you the stats on my fronts, which should translate to an average usage once I sort out the rear.

Tyres i've gone through on the same wheels:

Started off on Continental Sport6: Great tyre, very quiet, and super grippy, but not cheap, and the soft compounds didn't last too long, around 9000 miles

Moved to Goodyear Eagle F1. These are also very quiet, but not as grippy as the Continentals for me. They did a little less miles, around 7500, and again, not a cheap tyre by any means.

Then went onto my winter tyres, Minerva Frostrack. This was part of the Continental group, and these tyres are by far the best tyre i've tried to date, and not just my T6, I mean to date on any tyre i've ever used. These were recommended to me by my tyre shop. They were cheap, and not my normal route, but I thought as they are only for winter, i'd give them a go. They gripped in the snow, ice, rain, and even mud. These things were amazing, and I cannot get hold of anymore as yet, but have 2 sets on order once they come back into the UK. (winter tyre deliveries seem to be shipped at certain times of the year)
If I could get more of these now, i'd buy a set for the summer, because I changed them just as the weather warmed up, but they out performed any sport summer tyre I've owned. They just gripped, and never let go! Not once.

Currently i'm running cheaper Nexen SU1 until the rear is sorted out. These are not a great tyre once they get some wear in them. They start off great, quiet, and grippy, though not anything compared to all the above. However, once they get a little wear, they become unstable, understeer awfully, and the traction control light is constantly flickering in the wet. They do last well, and these will see around 10k

Like you, i'm B14, as low as I can get, a consistent 400kgs of equipment and products. 90% of my driving is motorways. I drive hard, brake hard, and use the full capability of my 204 T6. I'm not adverse to throwing it around if I fancy a play, and i've pushed it way past it's physical limits. The only tyre i'd be confident in pushing that hard is the winter, and the least confident is the Nexen, but on that note, at high cornering speeds both the above performance tyres are the weak point against a B14 and H&R anti roll bar, the winter wasn't.

I'm just about to invest into a new set of tyres, and as I cannot get my winters, i'm not sure what to go for as yet, and it won't be any of the above summers.

One thing I conclude, is some of the tyres we choose are not really designed for what we use them for. We are driving whacking great commercials, and this needs to be considered when comparing mileage with the same tyre on say a BMW or Mercedes. Modern car set-ups are far more sophisticated, and I assume this gives better returns on tyres.
Everything is a compromise when modding a T6, looks over efficiency for me. Tyres are always going to be my biggest expense next to fuel, but hey, i'm loving it still :)

Last edited:
Back