gkcgary

the two front tyres have about 2.6mm tread, the backs with about 7.0.

Typically the back near side has a slow puncture courtesy of a nail!!!!!

I’m not a fan of hankooks, which tyre do you guys recommend? Any good deals out there?

I’m on Conti Vans as they came with the van. Just hit 25k, 3mm on the front, 6mm on the rears. They certainly feel like a harder compound compared to Goodyear’s etc and pretty noisy but they just seem to go on and on. I every tyre has had a repair at least once though.

Edit: I know some peeps on here has dissolved Conti Vans in about 12k or so, maybe I’m just lucky with what I’m getting out of them.

Last edited:
you could try
Nokian WeatherProof SUV 235/55 R18 104 V XL » Oponeo.co.uk
th-5.jpeg

All year rounders, and nothing not to like imo. we run them on our car and Vel and love them and looking like 35k miles is with 3mm still left.
They add utility to vehicle in terms or rain/snow/ice/mud etc. Not for a performance car in summer perhaps, but a T6, we love them.
They do the winter thing really well as well, perhaps not for a Russian winter, but for UK, and Alps etc fine.

I confirm the nokian .. my weatherproof but the tread has another design, made for the lighter vans ... (look at the website)

I confirm the nokian .. my weatherproof but the tread has another design, made for the lighter vans ... (look at the website)
I think the SUV speced tyre is the one you want for a van, not the car speced tyre, imo; but the treading looks the same to me?

Ah yes I see what you mean The "Nokian Weatherproof C" for vans with 14"/15"16" wheels only, so yep fine for those sizes, but switch to "Nokian Weatherproof SUV's" for larger wheels

Last edited:
Good Morning All,

I'm looking to purchase another set of tyres, this time 255/45/18s. One minute I think I've made my mind up and then I've read a reveiw and it puts me off....

Here is a list of the tyres I'm interested in and was wondering if anyone can provide me with some real reviews as transporter owners as most of the reviews online are mainly performance car owners.

Falken FK510
Goodyear Aysmmentric 3
UniRoyal Rain 3
Hancook Ventus Evo S1
Nexun SU1

I started on sport contact 5 all round and found them ok but wear a bit too fast, only got a few thousand out the fronts (circa 6-7k) but subsequently found my tracking was too far out following lowering which didn’t help
I have changed to rainsport 3 now and happy with them, dont notice any drop in performance being a slightly cheaper option but they seem to be lasting a bit longer having just changed the fronts got well into 5 figure mileage on the ones that came off (circa 17-18k) but had a Hunter 4 wheel alignment done when this set where fitted and again a few adjustments were made so maybe a bit more out of this set ?

I started on sport contact 5 all round and found them ok but wear a bit too fast, only got a few thousand out the fronts (circa 6-7k) but subsequently found my tracking was too far out following lowering which didn’t help
I have changed to rainsport 3 now and happy with them, dont notice any drop in performance being a slightly cheaper option but they seem to be lasting a bit longer having just changed the fronts got well into 5 figure mileage on the ones that came off (circa 17-18k) but had a Hunter 4 wheel alignment done when this set where fitted and again a few adjustments were made so maybe a bit more out of this set ?

Cheers Pauly :thumbsup:

Back