I been running conti contact sport 5 - 4x4 evtra load - 275 40 20.... hard to balance up, screw magnets .... 2 years use ... horrible but quiet ... good grip.
I just swapped out to Pirrelli Scorpion assymetricos 275 40 20 ....
a little more road noise but what a quality ride it has put back into my van, with the new 4motion running gear I fitted it has put the cream on the pie ...

I’ve just collected my new van, and it’s got a set of 20” dannovit Chinese cheapies on. (40 profile) New van 4 motion 200.

My old van is on 20” Conti sport contacts on (35 profile). Old van 2wd 150.

New van soon to be swapped out to Conti’s.

The Dannovit are probably the worst tyre I’ve driven, and quite why anybody would put this rubbish on a 60k plus van is beyond me. They feel dead. No feedback whatsoever and a very bizarre squirm under load. The vans are barges but they can be much better. These brand new Dannovits will be in the for sale section soon, mounted to the speed metals they came on. I’ve done 250 miles on them, mixed roads. They were at operating temp and inflated.

I’m tyre fussy, but if you’re opinion is that tyres are tyres and brands are a waste, you’d probably be better off in a Transit. These tyres have ruined a good van. Seem to have decent grip off the (straight) line in a 4Motion test tho

Back