Winter Tyres?

For these really cool, all-season tyres with 3PMSF Michelin(X-Cliamte); Goodyear(Vector 4 Season) & Nokian(Weatherproof SUV) have all gone the directional tread way. Pain in the ass for swapping tyres around re even ware; but they must be better!!!!!

Hmmm, I'll check these out. A big fan of Michelin too; the BM has Pilot Super Sports which are ace (except in snow, mud, grass, etc!!).
My Cali 4motion came with Bridgestone Turanzas. They seem okay but they are definitely Summer tyres. Our last Cali came with Dunlop Sports...
I notice there is a Michelin Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus ZP
All season that would fit a 19" wheel for a VW van, but they are £250 each, only load rated to 100, but look amazing, probably more aimed at the 300hp plus market especially porche SUV's

What have I got myself in to... I think I'll see how things go and only consider if the temperature really dips, I imagine prices go up though, will soon find out, hopefully not for a while yet though...

I tried putting Winter tyres on my T32 factory order ,but the won't fit them on T32
I have gone for all-weather tyres instead.
I had the old style cargo vectors on my old t32 ,not that good in snow ,I put khumo kc15 snow tyres on ,got every where with them on

I genuinely can't wait to put my winters on. Can't remember what I bought in the end, (it was last summer when I got them) Hankooks I think. I absolutely swear by them. Got me me all the way home on several occasions, when cars were abandoned on the hills surrounding us.

I also do the bulk of my miles in the winter months, so it actually works out better to wear out the cheaper winters and save the " summers".

My
I don't think the the All-Season tyres come as standard on the Devonports, you have to pay a bit extra for them, I think. But defiantly a good way to get some All-Season tyres, but not as good as proper winter for the alps etc, but more than good enough for the UK.
highline Kombi came with Devonports and all weather on them but as mine was an ex demo I am not sure if the dealership had them put on or what but definitely got them on!

My

highline Kombi came with Devonports and all weather on them but as mine was an ex demo I am not sure if the dealership had them put on or what but definitely got them on!
Yours is a T32 highline?, so maybe standard?

My t32 came with 7" Devonports with Goodyear cargo vector m&s with 3peak snow flake on them so they must be standard , listed them on eBay last night as they taking room up in the garage

I've used vredestein wintrac for winter tyres very good tyre and they do them in 20" :) but around the £215 each:eek:

Why the hell do manufacturers put crappy sport tyres on a 4wd vehicle.
My 4motion has Dunlop SP Sport Maxx, they are going to be great in the snow - not!
What snow? Not where I live and if it does I'll chuck another log on the stove :D

I've put those on my 17" that are going on the van as soon as it gets here.

i used budget winter tyres on all my vehicles
why?
i have a friend who is a tyre dealer, he lets me have them at cost (marvelous)
cost saving is great with budgets..
you dont drive fast in bad weather so why buy expensive tyres..
a £50 tyre will puncture just the same as a £120 tyre..
ill stick with my budgets..
ie 205-65-16 Zeta Antarctica 107/105 van winter = £45 plus vat..
seriously good grip in the snow, i was gobsmacked..

Winter tyres are well impressive, my wife scares the shit out of me when she drives in Czech Republic in the snow, serious amounts of grip, truly amazing. Last time I drove in the snow over here was in my old T5, driving on the A5 by Lynn Ogwen, was under steering round every bend at 10mph.

All Winter duties will be carried out by our Subaru on Crossclimates.

If it snows, which it hasn't done down here for five years!

Back