Winter Tyres?

Looks a good price for premium brand winters in your size and load rating plus there's money off for black Friday.
Took the plunge and got these....very happy with the price....£302 delivered!
Thanks for the heads up

Pictures when they’re fully fitted on the van? :thumbsup:
Will do...but I don't think it will be pretty
I'm used to the 20's on rubber bands and slammed 75-80mm. Think the OEM 16's may look a bit odd....but rather look odd and be safer than not even making it off my drive.
I have some H&R spacers on so hopefully they will sit not to bad in the arches.

Took the plunge and got these....very happy with the price....£302 delivered!
Thanks for the heads up
That's a bloody good price, if I could get them for that price in my size and load rating I'd be getting some too.

Am I missing something but what looks silly in that pic? All looks very well set up to me.
Don't get me wrong....the H&R and Koni set up is brilliant. Handles beautifully. But I'm so used to the look of 20's with 35 profile rubber that the 65 profile looks very odd.
Maybe I'll grow to like it...but for now it's practical and functional

Some 20/30mm spacers front/rear wouldn't go a miss.
I've got 15mm on the front and 25mm on the rear for my 20"s ET 48 to sit 3mm sub flush in the arches. I've left them on for these wheels but it could do with the extra poke l. Just don't want to spend more pennies on spacers.

I've got 15mm on the front and 25mm on the rear for my 20"s ET 48 to sit 3mm sub flush in the arches. I've left them on for these wheels but it could do with the extra poke l. Just don't want to spend more pennies on spacers.
That'll do the trick.

Don't get me wrong....the H&R and Koni set up is brilliant. Handles beautifully. But I'm so used to the look of 20's with 35 profile rubber that the 65 profile looks very odd.
Maybe I'll grow to like it...but for now it's practical and functional
Ah! I go for functional and comfortable (then again, I tow a large caravan too!) Your van looks beautifully balanced

Looks a bit silly I think on STD wheels and that low but the grip I had last Thursday in the snow and ice up here were a phenomenol difference.
Very happy with the grip.
View attachment 138363
I am glad you posted this picture, I think it looks more than fine. I am doing the same thing next week, taking my 20's off and putting the 16 inch Clayton's back on with winter tyres. Mine is also lowered so if looks as good as yours I will be happy!

I am glad you posted this picture, I think it looks more than fine. I am doing the same thing next week, taking my 20's off and putting the 16 inch Clayton's back on with winter tyres. Mine is also lowered so if looks as good as yours I will be happy!
Would you not go 17s instead?

Would you not go 17s instead?
I already have a set of unused (well once) 16inch Clayton's + I managed to get a set of nearly new winter tyres for a couple of hundred quid so cost wise it is a no brainer. The Mrs keeps complaining about the amount of money I spend on the van, apparently no man requires multiple sets of wheels or multiple awnings and painted brake callipers are definitely not an essential according to her! I went cheap and bought her a sofa with the change.

I already have a set of unused (well once) 16inch Clayton's + I managed to get a set of nearly new winter tyres for a couple of hundred quid so cost wise it is a no brainer. The Mrs keeps complaining about the amount of money I spend on the van, apparently no man requires multiple sets of wheels or multiple awnings and painted brake callipers are definitely not an essential according to her! I went cheap and bought her a sofa with the change.
Oh, I am relieved to hear you are getting the same grief I’m getting! I literally just flagged my interest in (yet) another set of winter wheels with tyres! I might need to sell some soon!!!

Back