Wing-mirror smashed off

Hi First time post..
Decided that it was time to repair 67 plate T6 wing mirror I diagnosed that the aluminium bracket had snapped as many of you have found Easy... So removed cover inside door no problem Dismantled mirror after a bit of fiddling Could get wires out so decided door card off ...
Realised didn’t need to but ended up cutting a wire to get mirror off The aluminium bracket is encased in a plastic housing ( pic) and impossible to remove/ replace also door card won’t go back and I’ve ordered new clips to hopefully try again
Any help welcome

744D53D2-3741-441A-9354-B0CC3A563886.jpeg

Hiya - Resurrecting this post a bit. I hope that's ok.

I have the same thing. Cover smashed off, drivers side. everything else looks fine.

The link above for the lower cover is great so thanks for that.

Does anyone have anywhere they could recommend that sells the top cover in Deep Black please?

Most places sell them in pairs and by the time you have paid for the pair the price comes out close to the VW price.

Thanks!

superb, thanks guys, saved me a bunch. have ordered teh mirror glass and lower plastic trim £19 incl vat and next day delivery!!
Steve - how did you get on with the <£7 heated mirror glass? I need the same but am slightly concerned that the massive cost variance from OEM (£50+) means it won't fit correctly.... how did you find it?

Back