Window Wipers not working

Kevthegas

T6 Pro
Bit of a pain, going out this morning the wipers would not work on my Cali.

We took the wifes car instead, came home tried again not working, pushed the wiper switch a few times quite hard and now they are stuck in the service position.

The rear wash wipe works all the time, no washer jet for the screen or headlights.

Any ideas ??

Kev

Hi Pauly,

Bit of a strange one. VW assist came out Sunday morning and spent probably an hour and a half with the Cali.

All fuses were intact and the wipers were stuck in service mode. The laptop was showing a fault/ overload but not on the wiper circuit. After reseting the laptop thingy ! ( sorry ), unplugging his laptop prob 3 times or more all seems well now.

I did install a dash cam approx 3/4 weeks ago and piggy backed off the 10 amp fuse in the middle/ top of the fuse holder by the passenger footwell, all has worked well since. He relocated the piggyback fuse to the 7.5 amp fuse below and we will wait and see. The next option I suppose is to have the dash cam hard wired if required.

The VW engineer did say they are getting quite a lot of calls after Telematic systems have been installed into new VAG cars. Canbus systems will be a problem for the next few years I suppose.

I cannot see how I could of caused the fault during my installation of the dash cam, it could not have been easier if Im honest, I installed the same into my 64 plate Kombi, 15 plate Golf Gtd and my daughters new Up without a problem.

All I can do is wait and see !

Kev

At least its working mate thats got to be a good thing.
Just an FYI but the piggy back fuse you are using does not have to be doubled up with an existing circuit, if you look at the fusebox some (but not all) of the spare ways have inserts/contacts fitted on the right (the feed side) and will work with piggy back jobby you have, the ones circled yellow in the pic below you can just about make out the insert, the only downside of this is that the unit is only held in on one side so may be prone to dislodging a bit easier ??
IMG_2126.JPG

Every day is a School Day, thank you very much. Now to find some more gadgets to buy !!

The 7.5 below is the fuse the Vw guy moved it to, he had a list of fuse positions/locations but was unsure what model exactly it was for :).

I had a closer look at the lower larger fuses and they will be a pain in the butt to replace if they ever blow, might be worth keeping a pair of bent nose pliers in the toolkit.

Kev

The little white plastic prong thing next to the fusebox in the picture is a clip for getting them in and out one end does large fuses other end does small, it helps with the lower ones but i find after you pull them out they can drop out of the tool and disappear behind the dash which is a PITA but they can be recovered from the gap between floor and dash with a bit of nimble fingering

toooo kind. Thats a big help:):):):)
Are the vans the same as the vels; i.e. no fuse-cards or schematics?

A bit late now, but was your bonnet property shut? I've found on the last few VWs we've had, that the wipers don't work if the bonnet is not shut.

Hi Scruffy, yes the bonnet was checked by me a few times before calling out Vw assist, was quite funny when the guy turned up and the 1st thing he did was touch the bonnet !

I would suggest to anyone with a problem who has a bit of time to request a Vw Assist mechanic, they do have a lot more time to spend with the problem, rather than refer to dealer.

Back