Window Regulator

FYPO

M3TIY
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Dropped the window at a drive-through on Friday at the services, made a horrific crunching noise and would not come back up again :mad: Staying away for the weekend and 450 miles left to drive my only option was to wedge the glass up against the frame with chamois cloth and wooden stirers.

I'm sure the window regulator is the issue, has anyone swapped one before?

Is the regulator the same as on the T5? - Can find lots of regulator parts for the T5 but nothing for the T6.

Any info would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

So, after doing some research I’m no further forward :think smile bounce:

Heritage Parts were really helpful - pretty sure the doors haven’t changed from T5 but the part numbers are different so wouldn’t be confident to say for sure.

Local VW commercial parts department - not so helpful, polite lady obviously loved her job… £180 for the part, wouldn’t share the part number. Asked if that came with the steel panel or just the regulator, she assured me I would find out if I ordered it…

Breakers on eBay - all seem to advertise regulators for T5 and T6

I’ve ordered a part from eBay breakers and will see when it arrives. Should keep me busy this weekend.

Can’t seem to find any info swapping out the regulator so if I have enough time I’ll create a guide.

Back