Window Regulator Part#

Was lucky enough to get my front passenger window smashed in last week. The gift that keeps on giving…

Eventually got the glass replaced today, to be told that the window regulator is bust and needs replacing.
Have had a look and can only find ones marked as VW T5. I presume they are the same part, but want to be sure before I buy. Have found: 7H0837753 with various letter prefixes as a part number and also 7H0837729 - but I don’t know what the difference is or which fits a T6!

Does anyone know the correct part number (front left, 2016 T6)? Some sellers (eBay) also sell it with the metal panel. Any views on whether getting that as well is worthwhile?

Cheers all!

Last edited:
MY2011 onwards the part number is 7E0 837 753 (E). Indeed for T5 it is 7H0...

1672073167198.png
Specifically MY2016:
1672073225915.png
1672073316781.png
Source: IFInterface

Thank you SO much! That was just what I needed and has enabled me to get the right part (hopefully). Really appreciate it.
Have you stripped the current window regulator out of the van to see what’s actually broken?
Sounds odd to me that a broken window could destroy the regulator.
Just wondering if the window company could have damaged it.

I’ve not stripped it out, but was shown that one of the ‘slider’ things has snapped off when the new glass was fitted. Whether that was caused when the window was broken, or when the glass guy removed the old glass (which was well held together with security film), I don’t know. I was obvs told the former. Either way, one of the plastic bits is bust and needs replacing. Sigh.

Back