Leaking Reimo electric roof

DaveYates

VIP Member
Our new (6 months) T6.1 conversion has a Reimo electric roof that leaks. It seems to be coming in along the seams around the side ventilation windows. Has anybody else had this problem? The van has only been used in the rain twice with the roof up and leaked both times. The company who did the conversion say they have only come across this once before and it was driving rain through the air vent at the top of the front panel. This is clearly not the case with ours. These roofs cost the thick end of 7k so I would expect better
Any help, advice etc appreciated

Dave Yates

I have a Reimo, annual maintenance includes using Fabsil on the canvas. In 4 years I’ve never done it, only once after a long storm has it been wet inside.
You’re correct on your expectations for 7K, I’m surprised that the converter has not had it back for waterproofing.
Once a van is converted it becomes more like maintaining a boat (never ending) than a vehicle.

Our new (6 months) T6.1 conversion has a Reimo electric roof that leaks. It seems to be coming in along the seams around the side ventilation windows. Has anybody else had this problem? The van has only been used in the rain twice with the roof up and leaked both times. The company who did the conversion say they have only come across this once before and it was driving rain through the air vent at the top of the front panel. This is clearly not the case with ours. These roofs cost the thick end of 7k so I would expect better

Dave Yates
Hi Dave, we are contemplating an electric roof as my wife is smaller than I am and has back issues but wants to be able to use the van independently of myself at times. I was wondering what your overall experience was with it and would you stay with an electric roof if you changed your van? Does it have a manual override mechanism if the motor fails?

Dave Yates
That’s odd. Do you have any photos?
Our Reimo easyfit is 7yrs old & hasn’t been touched wrg to maintenance. It’s been in some horrendous conditions including alpine snow storms & Italian thunderstorms. When you zip up the inside flap, do you park the zipper runners at the top of the window?

Hi Dave, we are contemplating an electric roof as my wife is smaller than I am and has back issues but wants to be able to use the van independently of myself at times. I was wondering what your overall experience was with it and would you stay with an electric roof if you changed your van? Does it have a manual override mechanism if the motor fails?
Hi Phil
Regarding the leak, the canvas was replaced under warranty and there were no more issues. We specd an electric roof for exactly the same reasons that you mentioned. My wife is quite small and really struggled to get a manual roof down. The electric version bypasses that problem neatly. They are quite expensive but do the job. There is a manual override. We have since sold the van and we now have an Auto Trail V-Line 6.1 as we realised that the T6 was just not big enough for our needs.

Back