Window Fitter Recommendations

Lee37

Hi, I've got my first T6 and ready to start converting it. It's a panel van, so I thought I should get the windows fitted before I do any insulation / lining.

Not confident enough (or insured enough) to start cutting the windows out myself.... Can anyone recommend either a good fitter in the St Albans / Hertfordshire area, or a mobile fitter that covers the area please?

After fitting a new window in the tailgate I've realised what a pain it can be. Leaked first time (didnt press hard enough) so had to take it out again. 2nd attempt I pushed too hard causing sealant to push out along the bottom edge - which was a nightmare to clean up..

Anyway - not doing that again so can anyone recommend anyone around the London area to fit some side windows or if there are any fitters reading these forums let me know what the cost would be for a set of side windows (all fixed) with 80% tint to match the nice new tailgate glass

I found this blokes’ details on another forum where someone had their windows installed and was recommending his work:

Van-window-conversion.co.uk

Fixed £300 excl VAT fitted.

Flush-Fitting Sliding Window £630 excl VAT fitted.

Total £930 with VAT £1116

Margate, Kent for one day - Terry.

Slider position unknown.

Prices obtained in early March so may well have changed.

Hi
I also have bought a t6 panel van and want to fit windows. I live in Plymouth and dont mind paying for a quality job (rather than getting an inferior job!) Can anyone suggest anyone?

Back