Windbreak recommendations

Gwyn

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Can anyone recommend a quality windbreaker preferably the type without guy-lines
TIA

Jormax.

DSC_1235.JPG

Used it for the first time this weekend (used everything properly for the first time this weekend!!). Solid bit of kit, very stable. They come in solid or mesh or both; the mesh was surprisingly good at blocking the wind; and I like being able to look out while having a bit of privacy.

We thought it was a bit high when we first tried it in the garden, but having used it, it is the perfect height - high enough to keep the wind off your head when you are sat down relaxing.

Only downside is the packed size - it has to go full width across our van.

Jormax.

View attachment 77427

Used it for the first time this weekend (used everything properly for the first time this weekend!!). Solid bit of kit, very stable. They come in solid or mesh or both; the mesh was surprisingly good at blocking the wind; and I like being able to look out while having a bit of privacy.

We thought it was a bit high when we first tried it in the garden, but having used it, it is the perfect height - high enough to keep the wind off your head when you are sat down relaxing.

got a link please?

or make / model

what size is the one shown in the pic above?

@Dellmassive , this is the Vision Top

vision-top

We got the 4-panel / 4 metre; we've left one tucked back in in the photo.

Black mesh rather than silver; from the photos I could find, it seems a more natural filter / vision thing, if you see what I mean.

CAB did get a bag for your wind break ? considering the price thought there would of been something to keep it safe / clean
What do you use ?

Hi ..we’ve just used our new( ish ) Kampa Pro.... you could add two sections together and put a gate in ... very good value ..plus you can buy replacement support struts if you wanted extra wind protection

AFA3B98A-A6A4-471B-9D86-0A0B15263AAC.jpeg7128ADD7-05CD-4CB6-813E-4C3DF6897D04.jpeg
not my pictures ( but gives an idea )

edit....Your sorted :thumbsup:

CAB did get a bag for your wind break ? considering the price thought there would of been something to keep it safe / clean
What do you use ?
Came in a bag @Gwyn , but bought a couple of straps to secure it:
DSC_1272.JPG

Jormax.

View attachment 77427

So I’m researching windbreaks currently hence resurrecting this thread. Jormax seems very popular, but pricy. I like the fact it has no guy lines. My only remaining question was which sizes to go for. I was not sure whether I’d need to go 2m or 3m out from the van to fully cover the area under the Fiamma F45S awning. Looks like 2m is just about perfect and probably better for most pitch sizes, so I reckon I will go for 2 x4m Jormax Vision plus a gate to cover 2m out and the full 5m length of the van. Does this sound about right in your experience?

So I’m researching windbreaks currently hence resurrecting this thread. Jormax seems very popular, but pricy. I like the fact it has no guy lines. My only remaining question was which sizes to go for. I was not sure whether I’d need to go 2m or 3m out from the van to fully cover the area under the Fiamma F45S awning. Looks like 2m is just about perfect and probably better for most pitch sizes, so I reckon I will go for 2 x4m Jormax Vision plus a gate to cover 2m out and the full 5m length of the van. Does this sound about right in your experience?
2 metres will reach just beyond the Fiamma leg, so that sounds right. Are you aiming to keep a dog penned in?

2 metres will reach just beyond the Fiamma leg, so that sounds right. Are you aiming to keep a dog penned in?

Yes indeed, rather than tether him. That plus a little private ish space when we travel without the driveway awning ie. shorter trips.

I actually managed to source a 3m and 4m Jormax Vision Top on eBay yesterday, picking them up tomorrow. I'll add a Jormax gate to it and that should give me 2m out from the van and 4m across, which should be good enough.

Reactions: CAB
Back