Who in their right minds would buy a white van?

willythepooh

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I thought I’d wash the van today - ALL day.
Small black spots all over it, interspersed with the odd yellow or brown.
So I introduced it to some Farécla G3, then some lighter fluid and finally a revelation -
A clay bar !
Never used one before, but the results are amazing.
Tailgate, passenger side and bonnet completed. Same again tomorrow when I get some more detailer.

You need to bulk buy Autoglym tar spot and liquid clay (magma) and some spray bottles!

I thought I’d wash the van today - ALL day.
Small black spots all over it, interspersed with the odd yellow or brown.
So I introduced it to some Farécla G3, then some lighter fluid and finally a revelation -
A clay bar !
Never used one before, but the results are amazing.
Tailgate, passenger side and bonnet completed. Same again tomorrow when I get some more detailer.
@Clydiee did caution me against regular use of a clay-bar as it can cause marring. Hopefully, now you’ve clay’d it, you won’t need to do it again for a while. But yeah, I was amazed by it too. Can’t believe it had taken me so long to hear about them!

And a product called Tardis is said to be the detailers choice for tar removal.

+1 for Tardis, it is exceptional for removing tar spots. It likes to strip wax coatings too though. After using Tardis, or any other tar remover, you should wash that area of the vehicle again and then reapply your wax. It shouldn't strip a ceramic coating though.

All colours get the same amount of crap on them. I like white as it's a very forgiving colour. Almost as good as silver. I've had my fair share of dark colours, but don't have the time or inclination to spend on them these days.

AG tar remover does a really good job and clay is reserved for pre-machine polishing duties only with me.

Also, you don't need expensive detail spray or fancy clay lube. A strong shampoo mix will do the same job.

All colours get the same amount of crap on them. I like white as it's a very forgiving colour. Almost as good as silver. I've had my fair share of dark colours, but don't have the time or inclination to spend on them these days.

AG tar remover does a really good job and clay is reserved for pre-machine polishing duties only with me.
Finally, someone sees the light lol

Back