What colour wheel? Team Ascot Grey?

racerke600

T6 Pro
I'm looking for adding banded amarok's 18x8,5 front and rear.
for the rear i'll add an extra 10mm spacer, don't really like the deeper look of the 9/9,5 inch banded wheel
tyre size would be 235/50 18's , that way i would loose some arch gap, just minor.

kw coilover kit is ordererd, max. possible drop 65mm, it still needs to be functional as a campervan ;-)

but i'm a bit stuck with the wheels, can't decide on the colour :-(

been playing in photoshop, lowered it slightly, and 'stole' some banded steels from other cars i found here :)
what would you guys recommend and why? if you've got a nice colour yourself or seen one, please feel free to share ;-)

mrs_grey_18inch_lowered.jpg

mrs_grey_18inch_lowered_amarok_dark_grey.jpg

mrs_grey_18inch_lowered_amarok_darker_grey.jpg

mrs_grey_18inch_lowered_amarok_silver.jpg

1 and 2 look like they need cleaning and 3 looks like stock Silver, but that might just be the picture.
If you are getting them banded and no idea why you wouldn't like the traditional staggered setup and then spacer the rears, but we are all different, i'd go Chrome.
Actually I wouldn't on Ascot Grey, i'd prefer Satin Black, but that's just me. Most won't dare go Black, but they can work well on a very light Transporter if you use the Chrome badge caps.
Either way, get yourself onto Team Banded Brothers. once you are finished.

1 and 2 look like they need cleaning and 3 looks like stock Silver, but that might just be the picture.
If you are getting them banded and no idea why you wouldn't like the traditional staggered setup and then spacer the rears, but we are all different, i'd go Chrome.
Actually I wouldn't on Ascot Grey, i'd prefer Satin Black, but that's just me. Most won't dare go Black, but they can work well on a very light Transporter if you use the Chrome badge caps.
Either way, get yourself onto Team Banded Brothers. once you are finished.

Most people run staggered, but the rear wheel gets to deep that way, i would rather force it ouwards with a spacer.
I've read somewhere that black doesn't 'work' well with banded steels? If you have some examples of satin black I would appreciate it :)

I've read somewhere that black doesn't 'work' well with banded steels? If you have some examples of satin black I would appreciate it :)

That might of been my comment. Black steels are hard to pull off when you own a Black T6, but @T6180 ran Black banded 19s on his T6 and in my opinion it looked the nuts on his White T6, but my experience is to avoid Gloss Black because it scratches up really quickly.

20190630_113244.jpg

Hi @racerke600 ....love the colour..it’s got the hint of vintage...so I reckon you Could match The wheels to the van ...see pic4F6B8FC2-A558-443F-A0FD-F1337CFE2D74.jpeg
centre cap possibly black ( colours not same but you get the drift ). Retro classic look but modern

Hi @racerke600 ....love the colour..it’s got the hint of vintage...so I reckon you Could match The wheels to the van ...see picView attachment 76342
centre cap possibly black ( colours not same but you get the drift ). Retro classic look but modern
my idea is/was indeed to opt for that retro/vintage look. but on the other hand i don't like chrome. i already dechromed the badges and the grill.
and i'm adding the bulli edition stickerset on the sides that has black and red in it. so that gives it a modern/sporty look.

the interior has also been modified a bit, again with a touch of retro ;-)IMG_20200621_172330_01.jpg

there is just to many options available for the wheels :)

that would give me a speedo 'error' of 4% vs 0.9% for the 235/50
I've got 235/55/18 on mine and my speedo now reads exactly the same as GPS, I'm happy with that. Obviously the OE tyre sizes provide a slight under read, as all vehicles do.

I've got 235/55/18 on mine and my speedo now reads exactly the same as GPS, I'm happy with that. Obviously the OE tyre sizes provide a slight under read, as all vehicles do.
isn't the 'revving' of the car altered also? or is it neglectable (excuse my english, from belgium)

do you have a picture of this wheelsize on yours ?

The gearing is indeed affected, by 4%. I don't personally notice it.

IMG-20200702-WA0003 c.jpg

Mine's a 4Motion on factory suspension.

my idea is/was indeed to opt for that retro/vintage look. but on the other hand i don't like chrome. i already dechromed the badges and the grill.
and i'm adding the bulli edition stickerset on the sides that has black and red in it. so that gives it a modern/sporty look.

the interior has also been modified a bit, again with a touch of retro ;-)View attachment 76349

there is just to many options available for the wheels :)

Hi... what ever colour you go ,for me Id want to carry over the colour scheme you’ve started , bright chrome would be too much .
but as you say to many choices ....as far as wheels again it’s the classic look your after and if you get them painted then suddenly the van now becomes individual:cool:

Hi... what ever colour you go ,for me Id want to carry over the colour scheme you’ve started , bright chrome would be too much .
but as you say to many choices ....as far as wheels again it’s the classic look your after and if you get them painted then suddenly the van now becomes individual:cool:

indeed i'm keeping it with three colours, red/black/grey (ascot grey)

personally i'm still fond of the candy red steels (i've got a set of candy red 19's Japan Racing alloys on my other car, looks stunning)

done some research and found some examples. looks promising though :)

70601504_125773485387298_2516731722483954939_n.jpg

82814015_2892726787447012_5047952835216319705_n.jpg

83032296_119552502744729_3830170177951070097_n.jpg

84248656_2298396760460568_7763532156390866944_n.jpg

Fully-refurbished-VW-T5-16-Steel-wheels-with.jpg

ok i'm almost done with the decision making process

it'll be black but now i'm doubting between satin black powder coat or matte black.

anyone here with matte black banded steelies? or if you have a picture?

i've been searching for matte black but unable to find them.

Back