Which Suspension Kit To Enter My Underground Garage ?

P0L0

T6 Pro
Hello guys !

I write you from France, because You guys seems to be professionals about lowering Vw T5/T6 :laugh:
I'm driving a 2016 Caddy Maxi up to December, then I'll get a T6 Van. This is my fifth Caddy and I really like it.
dg4a.jpg

But I'm a dad since previous month, and I need a third seat :p So I'm looking for a suspension kit for it.

I have a funky :cool: underground garage for my car, and I need to go there with my van everyday.

1vdt.jpg

The Caddy can go down with no problem :

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=35618.png

So I ask my Vw dealer to lend me a t6 to try if it can go down to the garage.
They give me a TDi204 DSG: Wow :eek:

8l88.jpg

But the roof Touched the gantry in the middle of the van...
wk4d.jpg

So I had a look on the web to find something... AirRide, Coilovers,...

I think that putting lowering springs on original shock absorbers is not a good idea, what do you think ?

I saw airRide system, but:
  1. Can I drive in lowest position ?
  2. Can it support lots of manipulation (normal height, low, normal) I have to go twice a day
And coilovers. Different prices, probably for different qualities.....5.40 VanSlam / Bilstein B14 / Kw v2/v3. Which one...

I need something resistant because I drive 35.000 miles a year, and I keep my vans 3 years. So It has to be good for ~100.000 miles.
I need to be under 1m90 (75in)

Thanks a lot guys !!

Bilstein B14’s will drop you to 1.85m easily, possibly even a bit lower.
Airride will drop you lower still, but upto 5 times more expensive.
PM someone like @Leeroy33 or @Keaney both of whom are running air. They will be able to advise on whether you can drive and manipulate steering in the lowest setting.

Like the underground garage - that is proper Batman!

1m85 would be peeeeeeerfect :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:
Is there any difference If I put 18" wheels instead of basic metal 16 wheels (for the height)

Air ride: ok, I forget !!

Thanks for the garage !!
I saw a picture on facebook, and I managed to do the same, on likely :rofl:

2hyi.jpg

Nice garage @P0L0 :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

18" alloys shouldn't make a difference, overall diameter of wheel with the tyre should be very similar with the right tyre size.

1m85 would be peeeeeeerfect :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:
Is there any difference If I put 18" wheels instead of basic metal 16 wheels (for the height)

Air ride: ok, I forget !!

Thanks for the garage !!
I saw a picture on facebook, and I managed to do the same, on likely :rofl:

View attachment 23975
I run 18’s and B14’s, so you’ll have no problems.
As comment above, your overall rolling circumference on the 18” wheels will be exactly the same as 16’s, as the sidewalls have less depth.

Right, now let’s talk about that garage;
1. Underground = uber cool
2. An M3
3. A GT3 as well !!!!
Go on be gone, you’ve already overstayed your welcome, nobody likes a poser. :rofl:

(obviously i’m jealous;))

As comment above, your overall rolling circumference on the 18” wheels will be exactly the same as 16’s, as the sidewalls have less depth.

Right, now let’s talk about that garage;
1. Underground = uber cool
2. An M3
3. A GT3 as well !!!!
Go on be gone, you’ve already overstayed your welcome, nobody likes a poser. :rofl:

(obviously i’m jealous;))

I think he meant he'd seen the above picture of that garage colour and style on FB and copied it, (as in the GT3 in the garage is a pic off FB)

Last edited:
Unfortunately, Tourershine is right, the GT3 is not mine :sick:, just the M3 :D

I saw it on S.Heiligenstein's FB page:
S.Heiligenstein Photographie

Wow Cool !

Would it be possible for you to measure the height
Are your B14 set to the lowest position ?

Thanks a lot

I concur @Tourershine , wish people would take the time to read the posts and not skim read them :whistle::whistle::whistle:
It all depends on how you read the statement!
“I saw a picture on Facebook and managed to do the same”.
There is no inference that the garage in the picture is the one that his was copied from. It does not say “here is a picture from Facebook that I copied mine from”.
So there. I did read it properly, I just drew a different conclusion from what the words said.

You could always wait until no-one is looking, unbolt the gantry and move it a metre closer to the garage door! You have measured everything beyond the gantry to confirm there is nothing lower haven't you? It also looks very tight down there so you might need to get out through the van's rear doors too.

The accuair cvt was just under £5k then had H&R anti roll bars and adjustable bushes and fitting so around £7k ouch

Hello everyone !

First, I wanted to apologize for my absence ..

I have reached a milestone: the Transporter Van is ordered, I should receive it in early April ...
I chose a TDI 150 DSG, BusinessLine + with some options
I think I order a kit Bilstein B14, some of you are equipped and look satisfied.

Could you just confirm that the reference is this: 46-192141?

fw35.png

Test with B14 in low position

e5nb.png

I may install 17 steel wheels. I'll park it in places not very secured, so alloy wheel won't be a good idea..

l4yd.png

And an idea of stickers:

b6zl.png

Thank you all!

You could always wait until no-one is looking, unbolt the gantry and move it a metre closer to the garage door! You have measured everything beyond the gantry to confirm there is nothing lower haven't you? It also looks very tight down there so you might need to get out through the van's rear doors too.
Great Idea :p:laugh:

I'll do it if the T6 is not low enough with the B14

I’ve just had accuair cvt fitted and goes down low normal ride height is 1.85 and 1.75 aired out but can only drive in straight line aired out(low)
The accuair cvt was just under £5k then had H&R anti roll bars and adjustable bushes and fitting so around £7k ouch
Wow, great result but great price

VB Airsuspension VW approved
I can't find the price for A VBair Kit. But I think it woulb eeeeeeeeeeeexpensive...

Yep :D

I can't waiiiiiiiiit, I want to work on it to install stuffs on it (front&rear view camera, garage gate remote button, subwoofer,..)

I took some options:
- heated driver seat
- 80L gazole tank
- Paddle shifters
- Comfort Pack
- Electric folding mirrors
- Black Pearl Paint

Back