AirRide Questions

landy

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hey guys and gals

I'm in the market for an airride setup, but I've got a few Qs I could do with help on:

1. 3H or 3P - I'm think 3P to save the cash but if there are additional benefits interested to know
2. Single or twin compressors - again, what's the benefits for 2, is it just quicker charging time after air out, and maybe less load on compressor so lasts longer?
3. Tank size? - 4 gallon suffient? I'll underslung it as I have no spare wheel
4. 3/8 or 1/4" lines?
5. Other hardware to change - what else will I need to change in the suspension setup? Link rods? I've seen some setups with a Bilstein rear damper - will I need to switch out my stock damper?!
6. DCC delete - my velle has DCC so I'll need a delete kit for that too unfortunately

I'll be keeping my Velle on its 18" stock wheels/tyres (255/45 R18 103W) so I'm hoping that I can get it tucked down relatively low without having to carve too much into the arches. Welcome any images of sort of small mods needed, have access to welding if needed.

Thanks in advance!!!

Andy

Last edited:
Loads of info here ... Team Air

Hey guys and gals

I'm in the market for an airride setup, but I've got a few Qs I could do with help on:

1. 3H or 3P - I'm think 3P to save the cash but if there are additional benefits interested to know
2. Single or twin compressors - again, what's the benefits for 2, is it just quicker charging time after air out, and maybe less load on compressor so lasts longer?
3. Tank size? - 4 gallon suffient? I'll underslung it as I have no spare wheel
4. 3/8 or 1/4" lines?
5. Other hardware to change - what else will I need to change in the suspension setup? Link rods? I've seen some setups with a Bilstein rear damper - will I need to switch out my stock damper?!
6. DCC delete - my velle has DCC so I'll need a delete kit for that too unfortunately

I'll be keeping my Velle on its 18" stock wheels/tyres (255/45 R18 103W) so I'm hoping that I can get it tucked down relatively low without having to carve too much into the arches. Welcome any images of sort of small mods needed, have access to welding if needed.

Thanks in advance!!!

Andy

1. 3H as it is so much simpler......i'll be upgrading mine asap
2 Twin compressors 100%. Also get Solow as they are quietest
3. 3 gallon is plenty
4. 3/8 as it will fill the tank and bags faster.
5. Longer drop links and you will need shorter rear shocks
6 DCC sorry don't know

You will not need any cutting if you not chasing lows.

Back