Which Inverter/Generator ?

Not sure, basically running laptop and charging drone battery’s etc, maybe a kettle, I know nothing of these things or elecs, so forgive the lack of info
As a first step, see if the devices you are charging have a 12v charger option as this is cheaper and more efficient than inverters if you can.

Yes,as @Loz says,if you can get away with 12v for your system there is a decent chance that you could fit a lot of the system yourself and save some money,there are lots of threads on here from people that have done just that

Not sure, basically running laptop and charging drone battery’s etc, maybe a kettle, I know nothing of these things or elecs
The thing is, laptop & drone charging uses very little, whereas a kettle uses a massive amount of power, so your two examples are both extremes.
This makes it hard to recommend something affordable. I would agree to forget the electric kettle, get a standard £12 hob:
hob.jpg
Halfords Portable Gas Stove 2019 | Halfords UK

... this means your laptop & drone charging arrangements can be much simpler and more affordable - nothing heavy duty needed.

I'd agree with the comments above, gas for the kettle and everything else you list would be better with 12v adapters. I have a 3kW inverter that I use for charging EMTB battery and running a Tassimo and have never turned the engine while charging either of them. I have 1 x 95Ah AGM battery, though I do have a 250W solar panel, and it's never caused any issues.

I know I'm not the only one who clicked on this thread hoping for some dead cert, sure fire way to turn ten grand into a hundred grand!!! :slow rofl:

Investors . . . . Lol.

Was hoping for some sound financial advice.

But if your looking for inverters...

Remember you get what you pay for... so don't cheap out.

Don't bother with a MSW one, get PSW..

Victron .are some good units.

As do Cotek.

Renogy have also rebranded some..

Etc
Etc.

Hi all could someone let me know what the cheapest and best power inverter to use in my t6 please
You cant really have both of these requirements ;)
We'd be better able to suggest an inverter if we knew what its typical use would be, power levels, duration of use,
wired-in or standalone, powered from what? etc
For light usage, me & my lad have a couple of these, all very good, 300w, pure sine wave, well made, £43 delivered:
BESTEK 300W Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter DC 12V to AC 230V 240V with 4.8A Dual Smart USB Ports Car Adapter: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike
If you're not familiar with inverters, bear in mind that you dont get something for nothing, the inverter will draw
from your battery twenty times as much current as the mains appliance uses :thumbsup:
Cheers
Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
lol . . .

i love a Bestek . .

in fact i have two of those . . .

1597947977074.png

note that:

although they are 300W,

you can only pull arround 100W - 150W from the 12v socket, before the vans fuse will blow.

the Bestek plug IS NOT FUSED so it can handle more power , but will heat up.

we use them in conjunction with these . . .

1597948146659.png

but note again this link is not fused.

my opinion is that the 12v sockets are ok for 100w ish max (for any lengh of time)

above that the socket will start to heat up.

so 150w and up its best to hard wire thgem.

Anderson plugs are good for around 30A . . . . . above that just full on hard wire them.

Hi all could someone let me know what the cheapest and best power inverter to use in my t6 please
Reminds me of the bloke who walked into a car showroom & told the salesman he was looking for a fast, cheap, reliable car.

There’s a saying in the cycling world that goes something like ‘cheap, strong and light - pick any two’.

Thanks for the replies what I’m wanting to use it for is like a kettle phone chayand some 12v led lights
I can understand the kettle, but why on earth would you run 12V LED lights through an inverter?

I have just spoke to my mate said I can use the led lights with the interior lights already the inverter would be used for kettle and charging a battery and phone cooler box

Back