Which direct TPMS sensors for my T6.1?

I’m after some TPMS sensors for the new Davenport wheels I've just purchased

I've entered my Reg. No. into a couple of car parts websites, and I get a fairly long list of "compatible" Schrader TPMS valves. Can I just buy any of them? Or do I need to find exactly the right ones?
A couple of examples include:

FWIW, The first, cheaper, 3108 version looks most like those fitted to the Claytons that are on the van now from the outside. But is there more to it than that?

I honestly have tried searching the forum before asking the question, but sorry if this has already been answered somewhere

Thanks

OK, so that's the cheaper 3108 version working for BikerPa and the slightly more expensive 2200B-G01 working for AK06FR. I guess any of them should work then.

I'll buy the 3108's then as they are cheaper at the moment :)

Thanks

Well, that's interesting. I went ahead and ordered the Schrader 3108 valves for my van. What has actually turned up are some "Stark Automotive" brand TPMS valves.

A little bit of Googling reveals that the substitution of a branded part with a Stark Automotive alternative is standard practice by the Autodoc/Onlinecarparts/EUSpares/BuyCarparts group of mirrored sites (all the same company as far as I can see) eg. Beware of on-line parts supplier | Parts, Maintenance & Servicing

I think what I take from that is:
a: never buy from any of those companies if I want a genuine part
and
b: If I do ever buy from them again, simply choose the cheapest listed "compatible" option, because the part that will turn up will be the cheapest possible Stark branded option anyway.

I'm undecided whether to keep them or not. I guess if they work and provide accurate pressure readings then they'll be fine

I don't know whether this deserves its own thread as a heads-up to anyone considering buying any parts of any sort from any of those websites

Last edited:
Well, that's interesting. I went ahead and ordered the Schrader 3108 valves for my van. What has actually turned up are some "Stark Automotive" brand TPMS valves.

A little bit of Googling reveals that the substitution of a branded part with a Stark Automotive alternative is standard practice by the Autodoc/Onlinecarparts/EUSpares/BuyCarparts group of mirrored sites (all the same company as far as I can see) eg. Beware of on-line parts supplier | Parts, Maintenance & Servicing

I think what I take from that is:
a: never buy from any of those companies if I want a genuine part
and
b: If I do ever buy from them again, simply choose the cheapest listed "compatible" option, because the part that will turn up will be the cheapest possible Stark branded option anyway.

I'm undecided whether to keep them or not. I guess if they work and provide accurate pressure readings then they'll be fine

I don't know whether this deserves its own thread as a heads-up to anyone considering buying any parts of any sort from any of those websites
Maybe I was lucky @gravelrash but what I got was genuine Schrader items orderered on the parts link I provided above, & turned up in a Autodoc branded cardboard box.

I'm sorry if it doesn't appeared to have worked for you

So I emailed them to ask the question, and this was the reply:

For our customers benefit, in order to assure the fastest order delivery, our special services have selected a product, with the same technical characteristics as the part selected by you, which is ready for fast dispatch. In your case was selected STARK brand

Which confirms the experiences of those people in the Mercedes group I found - that the substitution of orders for branded parts with cheap unbranded alternatives is standard practice for the Autodoc/Onlinecarparts/EUSpares/BuyCarparts group of mirrored sites

Last edited:
Back