Headlight level switch not working with H7 [Resolved]

Trax1360

Hi,

I have travelin lite led headlights on my t6 and noticed this morning that the headlight level switch is no longer working when I tired to adjust them.
I noticed that the dash light adjuster is still working and if this is part of the same switch unit would rule out a blown fuse ? If anyone knows the fuse location?
Any ideas on what I can try to resolve this would be much appreciated. I don't know whether it's the adjustment switch itself or the headlights that are the problem.

Many thanks,
Alan

Are you sure your aftermarket lights are level adjustable? Did they work before?

Is there a ballast/canbus adaptor in the back of the housing? It might be preventing any movement.

Moved the adaptor and still no joy. The lights can be adjusted manually but I believe it'll be an mot fail since they aren't working from the level switch in the cab.

Measure the voltage between pins 1 and 2 at the headlight
There’s a permanent positive 12v and the level switch controls a variable negative so the voltage will start at 12 then drop down as the switch is adjusted, this will prove if it’s the headlights or the switch/wiring

Thanks I'll see if I can get hold of a meter. Just thinking this in the meantime though that
If neither are adjusting could that suggest the switch in the cab is faulty as opposed to the motors in the lights as surely if one was faulty the other would still adjust and the odds of both not working at the same time would be low.
The switch is still adjusting the dial lights though and that's the same unit as the leveller.

Back