Where To Fit Led Down Lights With Pop Top And Kitchen With Wardrobe

Brearz

VCDS User
Scratching my head wondering where and how best to fit led lights . Through the middle of the bed seams like a bodge. Sleeping on the wires etc. Through the pop top ducts seems a better option but where to cut without the kitchen leaves a challenge. If I am running cables back to the kitchen cupboards , how do I get the cables routed from the ducts?

Yes worked that out and managed to cut through the rear wiring loom when cutting the LED holes Some learning there . Shame no body shared that risk . That’s a long time ago and now my conversion is nearly finished .

In a similar position, want to fit some down lighters on near side but not looking forward to drilling 50mm holes in the pop top frame, knowing the wiring loom is lurking up there! Tempted to remove the rectangular interior light knock out to give me a peep hole then make good the hole, any tips or other ideas out there?

Tape up up your hole saw with lots of tape so there is about 1mm (Max!!) available to cut with. this means it will cover some /most of the exposed teeth. Use extremely light pressure and be very patient. / Cut squarely not at and angle. If id have known I would have asked the roofer to put holes in it before assembling the pop top. good luck. Worse case is 2 hours soldering :mad:

Yes worked that out and managed to cut through the rear wiring loom when cutting the LED holes Some learning there . Shame no body shared that risk . That’s a long time ago and now my conversion is nearly finished .
How did you sort

I cut out a bigger hole (slot) and pulled down both sides of the cut loom. Fortunately for me the cables were colour coded so I used a solder and heat shrink to get a permanent fix. I did think about block connectors but dismissed that idea based on it being non too permanent . I hear some of the earlier vehicles were non colour coded rear looms which would be beyond a headache.

Back