Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

I could reposition my van to include boats on the water, but it won’t be allowed!
@DaveyB if your sailor is going to be in the Topper after the summer, I will probably see you at NS1 in September where I am on Safety cover.

Had a great weekend at Old Warden, went down Friday evening, got there quite late as they'd shut the A1 and there was a huge detour.
It was actually model flying event but theres so much more, plenty to do & see whatever the weather.
You cant fail to enjoy Old Warden, many of the 100 year-old aeroplanes in the Shuttleworth Collection are still flown on calm days,
theres a huge collection of vintage cars and motorbikes, hangars crammed full of fascinating aircraft from the earliest attempts by Percy Pilcher
and Otto Lilienthal, through WW1 fighters and a WW2 Spitfire and Hurricane, a Lizzie, gliders, racers, home-builts... and Old Warden attracts
many vintage motoring clubs including of course Dubs - there were some lovely original campers. Theres a beautiful 'Swiss Garden'
which you just have to see to appreciate, and a really good canteen serving full Sunday roast today. For the kids theres a huge
adventure playground right next to the campsite. My first weekend off in months and me & granddaughter Chloe enjoyed every minute!
I know some dont have much faith in the display, but over a 300 mile round trip it showed 44mpg, well pleased.

Click to enlarge:
IMG_20180513_152603617.jpg

IMG_20180513_152518526.jpg

IMG_20180513_234006.jpg

IMG_20180513_140633494.jpg

IMG_20180512_164718413.jpg

IMG_20180512_164702800.jpg

IMG_20180513_150850695.jpg

IMG_20180513_150935201.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We nipped over to the Welsh coast on Sunday for a one night stopover at the Cae Du campsite (the one on the coast, not the one at Beddgelert).

The site gets rave reviews, and I can confirm they are deserved. The pictures say it all:

IMG_5652.jpg

IMG_5670.jpg

The site was nearly deserted, which was great. It sounds like it can get heaving during the summer, when I think we would avoid it.

Definitely one worth checking out off season - http://www.caedufarmholidays.co.uk/campio-camping/4585004218

Pete

The wrong side of the island if the tide came in on Holy Island... stunning View attachment 22394
One of my favourite places - love it there - wish you could (legally!) camp over there!! My sister lives a few miles north of there towards Berwick at Cheswick Sands (right turning off the A1 just before the Island View Hotel) - must try and get back up to visit soon :)

We nipped over to the Welsh coast on Sunday for a one night stopover at the Cae Du campsite (the one on the coast, not the one at Beddgelert).

The site gets rave reviews, and I can confirm they are deserved. The pictures say it all:

IMG_5652.jpg

IMG_5670.jpg

The site was nearly deserted, which was great. It sounds like it can get heaving during the summer, when I think we would avoid it.

Definitely one worth checking out off season - Campio - Camping - cae du farm holidays

Pete

Great Tope fishing too about a half a mile offshore:thumbsup:

Looks like they even laid out the cones in reservation knowing you were coming.
I laid out the cones once I arrived.
I was setting up a site delivery and drop off zone. As it happened the client had already coned off a different area but I decided to leave it like that anyway. Get away with anything if you're wearing a yellow jacket.:sneaky:

I laid out the cones once I arrived.
I was setting up a site delivery and drop off zone. As it happened the client had already coned off a different area but I decided to leave it like that anyway. Get away with anything if you're wearing a yellow jacket.:sneaky:
Like your style.

Back