Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

I was looking at those tow boxes, are they worth the money Vs a trailer?
For us, yes.

Some negative aspects, it's impossible to get it to clamp on when fully loaded; it leaks unless you use 2mm self adhesive foam around the lock, and you can't fully open the barn doors.

But you can virtually forget it is there otherwise, unlike having a trailer. Just have to be careful reversing.

Not so much where have we been but where are we going - I booked return tickets through the tunnel for our first long European road trip of the year over June/July. As usual, we will camp at the Drum Inn the night before as it's just a short hop from there to the tunnel and great for an early train. I'll still book it but looking at the website, they have put up their prices significantly this year. When we stopped there in August last year we paid £21 for a pitch without EHU but this time round it will be £28 for the same. Not a massive number in extra money but a very large percentage rise, particularly as they can't blame the increased costs of electricity for a pitch without EHU.

Last edited:
Gave the bus a run out today.
Forecast not brilliant but opted for west side of the Pennines. Dunham Massey.
Weather was good with some sun. Felt somewhat springlike!
Usual post walk brew afterwards with shop bought cake. (the Mrs insists we contribute to the venue)
Dubdog was cream crackered and slept all the way back home.

Gave the bus a run out today.
Forecast not brilliant but opted for west side of the Pennines. Dunham Massey.
Weather was good with some sun. Felt somewhat springlike!
Usual post walk brew afterwards with shop bought cake. (the Mrs insists we contribute to the venue)
Dubdog was cream crackered and slept all the way back home.

Exactly what we love to use our van for - hot chocolate rather than tea for me though and yes, cake :thumbsup:

One day I hope to be lucky enough to get a dub dog to join in on the fun :confused:

Been absolutely nowhere since Saturday last, I’ve had covid like symptoms, felt like death all week and not been out the house all week, at all, not even to sit on the drive in the van, but tests have been negative so who knows.

Fed up with no smell or taste though :whistle:

Back