Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

On Friday we drove to Appin for a short sea kayak paddle round Shuna. The plan was to have paddled south Saturday and camped on the southern end of Lismore but the weather forecast increased to above F6 northerly. So we returned early to save a very long paddle Sunday from the bottom of Lismore. I need to get a pic of my shuttle with the three sea kayaks on. These will have to make do.
IMG20230324164758.jpg
IMG20230324165022.jpgIMG20230324181632.jpg

On Friday we drove to Appin for a short sea kayak paddle round Shuna. The plan was to have paddled south Saturday and camped on the southern end of Lismore but the weather forecast increased to above F6 northerly. So we returned early to save a very long paddle Sunday from the bottom of Lismore. I need to get a pic of my shuttle with the three sea kayaks on. These will have to make do.
View attachment 193572
View attachment 193573View attachment 193574
Looks amazing!

Not today but the end of last week and and the weekend...Lanefoot Farm Campsite, Thornthwaite, Nr Keswick. A very nice little site with spotless facilities. Very well run with some essential foods for sale. Drying room with UFH showers....however, don't use the first shower on the left! (Poor)
My god the weather was challenging last Wed/Thurs/Fri, especially at night...it certainly was an experience and we ended up securing the awning to our fellow campers wheels to hold it down as the ground was sooo soft.The lower pitches are so much wetter...doh!
Obviously being in the lakes there are so many great walks for all abilities direct from the site...Grisdale and Skiddaw to name a few. Bus service from just up the road.
Couple of nice pubs in Braithwaite only 10 mins walk away....full of walkers and fell runners exchanging stories of the day. Keswick is very nice and we bought a load of stuff we didn't know we needed! :p

IMG_0572.jpeg

IMG_0623.jpeg

IMG_0638.jpeg

IMG_0710.jpeg

IMG_0736.jpeg

IMG_1142.jpeg

IMG_0602.jpeg

IMG_0685.jpeg

Not today but the end of last week and and the weekend...Lanefoot Farm Campsite, Thornthwaite, Nr Keswick. A very nice little site with spotless facilities. Very well run with some essential foods for sale. Drying room with UFH showers....however, don't use the first shower on the left! (Poor)
My god the weather was challenging last Wed/Thurs/Fri, especially at night...it certainly was an experience and we ended up securing the awning to our fellow campers wheels to hold it down as the ground was sooo soft.The lower pitches are so much wetter...doh!
Obviously being in the lakes there are so many great walks for all abilities direct from the site...Grisdale and Skiddaw to name a few. Bus service from just up the road.
Couple of nice pubs in Braithwaite only 10 mins walk away....full of walkers and fell runners exchanging stories of the day. Keswick is very nice and we bought a load of stuff we didn't know we needed! :p

View attachment 193832

View attachment 193834

View attachment 193835

View attachment 193837

View attachment 193838

View attachment 193839

View attachment 193833

View attachment 193836
Looks a cracking site, but I'd be up every 10 minutes with that stream in such close proximity

View attachment 193832

View attachment 193834

View attachment 193835

View attachment 193837

View attachment 193838

View attachment 193839

View attachment 193833

View attachment 193836
Love your set up, log fire looks cool.

I’m parked up for the night at Blackland Lakes, near Calne. I’d booked the cheapest pitch they had but got upgraded free to a hard standing as they were concerned about sinking in the grass. . There are fishing lakes here, but I’m just here for the getaway.

IMG_0561.jpeg

That'll be due to the exceptionally dry spring we're having... apparently :rolleyes:
Do you have a hosepipe ban?

We live in Scotland and I don't ever recall having a hose pipe ban, even last July when the grass on the verges was brown.

Do you have a hosepipe ban?

We live in Scotland and I don't ever recall having a hose pipe ban, even last July when the grass on the verges was brown.
Yorkshire Water lifted the ban in early December, though we never got to the stage of brown grass - it all stayed very verdant around here!

Back