Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

It's nice seeing and hearing your motor put through its paces properly.. Only time you get the chance to hear what everyone else does without worrying.. Looking forward to the review, will make the flappy paddles more fun as well I expect :eek::D
Martin was very impressed with the flappy paddles and even more when I told him it was a plug and play no coding involved.
120mph in 6th gear :eek: put it threw its paces is say, coming home I thought I was in sport mode but was in drive , nice delivery of power even in 5th gear no need to drop down any lower:D

Shame it's the wrong end of the country or me. Much prefer to use recomended people with experience and a good setup

Shame it's the wrong end of the country or me. Much prefer to use recomended people with experience and a good setup
Had a good chat with Martin all his Pendle agents send the vehicle details to him and he has a hour turn around to get the map written for that vehicle and send it back to them to input it.

I will have to find a local pendle dyno then if I decide to get it done, see how things go for a bit ;)

I will have to find a local pendle dyno then if I decide to get it done, see how things go for a bit ;)
Martin would probally be able to recomend a agent but you can go on there website.
It was getting to the point of thinking of changing the van for a 204 manual:eek: but after all the work gone into it, paddle shift has helped a lot and now remap should keep me happy famous last words

I'm liking the DSG can't see me having manual again but I no from experience that a custom remap makes a vehicle is a lot better to drive.

Archery support vehicle yesterday; we now shoot outdoors but it was FREEZING so stuck the heater on and had a decently hit curry takeaway to warm up.
Fun shooting outdoors though; we shoot way further (20 yards indoors, 30,50 and 70 outdoors. We go to 100 sometimes!) but strong wind = comedy accuracy!
What club do you shoot with?

P1000894.JPG P1000895.JPG

Well this weekend brought our first adventure in the van. A single overnight at Flamborough Head. We were a little naive and just went for it.

Couple of things I've learnt.
  • Curtains aren't a 'nice to have'. They're a must. Went to sleep at 3, woke at 6.
  • Van levellers are also a must. We were in a shiny sleeping bag and due to the incline, we woke in a crumpled heap at the foot of the bed.
  • Flamborough head is windy. Putting up an awning for the first time and in high winds was a bad idea. After many hours of shouting and fighting the wind we managed it. (Realise I still needed to put up some more guide ropes on the photo)
  • A toilet would be nice. We drank heartily and nature called far too often for my liking. 13 minute round trip to the amenities in the freezing cold wind was a nightmare.
We stilll giggled our way through his adventure and will be back out as soon as possible. (Though to a less windy destination)

Gotta love Van Life.

I mostly shot compound but also dabbled in recurve and longbow. I have kept my longbow just in case the French attack again or there is a zombie apocalypse.
Haha!

I'm pretty new to it but doing okay. My sons learning fast. I've got a Hoyt Ignite'(might upgrade to a Mybo Origin soon), he has a Ruckus.

My darned sight (Shibuya) cost almost as much as the bow though!!

It is a very expensive hobby when you get going. I only gave up because I can't walk far enough to fetch my arrows.

I Wales fro the weekend felt lonly there as the canmpsite had loads of T5 around then I noticed a T6 Kombi but did not get a chance to see the owner before we went home. Saw a few T6's on the M4 going home as well

Back