Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Your van isnt sign written should of let you tip.
I've taken mine to do tip runs just get the lads coming to look and talk about the van, some people are jobs worths

I understand if the company writing is something like a removal company or tradesman, but I'm going to argue if they say I cant use the tip ha

I understand if the company writing is something like a removal company or tradesman, but I'm going to argue if they say I cant use the tip ha
All they will say is you need a permit from your local council which you can apply online.
I'm on the Shropshire north Wales border in Wales you don't need a permit for small ,medium vans but do in Shropshire even though I havnt been asked for a permit yet

So that tent connects to the side of your camper?
Yep, there is an ever expanding range of these "drive away" awnings - you can attach in a variety of ways, e.g. special awning rail, guttering, straps over the top. If you put "awning" into the search box (top tight corner above) there have been a few discussions around some of the awning available and ways of attaching.

Yep, there is an ever expanding range of these "drive away" awnings - you can attach in a variety of ways, e.g. special awning rail, guttering, straps over the top. If you put "awning" into the search box (top tight corner above) there have been a few discussions around some of the awning available and ways of attaching.
Thanks, will do some hunting..

What are the boats - guessing Lasers? Are you bringing any to Bala?
These are a selection of club boats here. Planning to bring a selection of our boats to Bala, so going to load up our triple stacker trailer, so will probably have daughters Oppie, Son's Topper, and Wife's Laser.

So that tent connects to the side of your camper?
Yes @Tombs it is called a drive away awning so it has a kadar bead that slides down a Reimo multi-rail that is fixed to the side of the van. The tent then has four inflation chambers so you peg it out and then adjust the position of the van and connect the pair together. The beauty of it being is that if you want to go out for the day in the van you pull the kadar connector piece out and the two separate in about 5 seconds.

These are a selection of club boats here. Planning to bring a selection of our boats to Bala, so going to load up our triple stacker trailer, so will probably have daughters Oppie, Son's Topper, and Wife's Laser.
Nice little selection. You will see a variety of boats launching from the site. There is a sailing club down at the Bala end of the lake where we have seen Oppies out before. Also, a cat club about a mile down from camp on the opposite shore - F18s, etc. - very fast and scary, take no prisoners, sort of boats!! We've not been on the water since October so are really looking forward to it.

IMG_2126.PNG Took the van up to Pendle performance hq for Martin to work his magic on the blackberry I couldn't cope any more with the unresponsive dsg , did seem much livelier on the way home but was all motorway dual carriageway ,will try it at some junctions today to see the diffence .Very nice bloke and would recomend him .
Link to before and after printout figures and extra video is here Pendle Performance Ltd

Last edited:
It's nice seeing and hearing your motor put through its paces properly.. Only time you get the chance to hear what everyone else does without worrying.. Looking forward to the review, will make the flappy paddles more fun as well I expect :eek::D

Back