Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

I’ve been nowhere in van today as my son has it for an off grid weekend in Snowdonia for his girlfriends birthday. Set up looks good and he’s sent some encouraging stats from the new roof top solar, even though it’s slightly shaded.

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-07 at 2.38.09 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-07 at 2.38.25 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-07 at 2.38.27 PM.jpeg

Went to look at @robmug 's vanmax roof today and he was incredibly generous with his time and patient while my kids were climbing over his van. Might even have made him jealous of the TSi...always time for a fourth van!

PXL_20220507_134152310.jpg

Parked up on the front at Bognor too today, so might have been spotted!

Last edited:
Wayside Campsite in the Shropshire Hills to meet up with a couple of old mates at the weekend, one in a Transit Custom, and another in a Mk5 GTI. Very friendly site, good pitch sizes (we had 2 adjacent pitches) and very clean, modern facilities. Owners were lovely too. It was the first proper camping outing in the van that I picked up at the end of October last year, so good to test out the new set-up.

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

Last edited:
Arrived at Shieldaig Campsite ready to ride the Bealach Beag cycle sportive in the morning. This is a great campsite with about 20 touring pitches and we are one of the 15 T6/T5 vans on site. It’s a bit of a cycling/T6 meet :)
View attachment 155694
We popped into Sheildaig on Saturday lunchtime just as people were crossing the line. Didn't realise it was on and was really surprised how many people were doing it. I rode the route but with the extra 20km to and from Annat about a month ago. Might try the event next year

Wayside Campsite in the Shropshire Hills to meet up with a couple of old mates at the weekend, one in a Transit Custom, and another in a Mk5 GTI . Very friendly site, good pitch sizes (we had 2 adjacent pitches) and very clean, modern facilities. Owners were lovely too. It was the first proper camping outing in the van that I picked up at the end of October last year, so good to test out the new set-up.

View attachment 155890

View attachment 155889

View attachment 155888
Nice van mate. Looks the Business! Couldn't help noticing the odd setup in the background. Winter set up or leaky roof? :unsure:

Screenshot 2022-05-09 at 11.23.25.png

It's a folding camper. I used to have one and have to say they are great!

Tarp over the top could be a leaking roof or just to keep the bird muck and leaves off.

We only sold it as they don't have an internal shower and the Mrs was fed up of using dirty campsite showers.

1652103414176.png

1652103440532.png

Back