Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Still camped on the Murray river, different outlooks during the day, fog in the morning and then sunny days, ideal for solar. Its winter here but usually sunny up along the river. Trying out the planar heater I just fitted, my wife loves me again.

View attachment 77887

View attachment 77888
Hi Ya.... that’s cheating how can we ever match a location like that......where as I could travel to some locations posting I’d never get to one as nice as yours....( not unless they start the convict ships again :laugh:)

Parking spot last week while in Morzine for some mtbing

IMG_1420.jpg

With spiritual guidance for the drive home - built over a couple of nights with a mixture of beer and gin & tonic... Luckily the T6 was perfectly reliable, unlike an old Splitty!
IMG_1424.jpg

Out of interest, where did you stay and what was it like?
We stayed here this time (as only three of us) Petit Jouet- Summer Self Catering Apartment in Morzine

Normally have a bigger chalet. If you book with someone like Reach4thealps, Ridersrefuge or MTBbeds - the chalets are always good. Recommendation would be get somewhere near the town centre/lifts, just for convenience.

Oh, if you book up, make sure you don't clash with the Harley Days festival weekend, which is every other year in July (unless you love Harleys of course). As 3000 of them does tend to disturb the alpine quiet somewhat...

Okay, cheers - I thought you might have been camping! I don't actually know Morzine as the nearest I've been to it is Chamonix. By coincidence, one of my neighbours' (but I don't know him that well) main business is chalet rental there!

Took my van back to the converters to have my conversion completed. Roll on the weekend.

Reactions: CAB
Back