Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Not driven mine for 2 weeks, and the discs have gone rusty. Think I do need to at least go somewhere to warm up the engine and sort the brakes out. In a few days I must go to the supermarket, it's about 6 miles away, hopefully a 12 mile round trip wil help it

I went to aldi and sainsburys. as you still cant get everything you want in one supermarket. What a fun day.
My bike carrier and bike are not having a fun time in the garage.
I am enjoying the beach and woods that i have not been to.
My coolbox is full of things that are not in it at the beauty spot that is not on the cards to do.
Arnt we having fun in the weather with what we are not doing

Today, I have mostly not driven from Beauly and over to over Applecross for campsite No. 2 on the NC500 and most definitely not had a few pints and not had a lovely meal in the Applecross Inn.
More campsites not to follow...
A wee photo looking across to Beauly to keep you going until we can all travel again .

DSC_0248.JPG

39E20AF9-4807-4CEF-A4C4-38E3CC2AFE9B.jpeg..... tagliare l'erba e sistemare gli ulivi .... La California carica le batterie .... tra poco scoppieranno, come noi ... qui non possiamo muoverci fino a dopo il 3 maggio .. .. speriamo...

This weekend we didn’t pop over the channel to watch the Paris-Roubaix bike race, which has been cancelled :cry:

What I do have is plentiful stocks of Belgian beer to tide me over the grief.

Pete

74370C24-69BB-47DF-AE07-E0F42F15310D.jpegED49987C-5EF0-45E3-A515-BBFE1A15E6ED.jpegFCC28E20-E618-40AC-AF5F-C1C66448D2B4.jpeg

This weekend we didn’t pop over the channel to watch the Paris-Roubaix bike race, which has been cancelled :cry:

What I do have is plentiful stocks of Belgian beer to tide me over the grief.

Pete

View attachment 65753

I remember having Kwak at a stag do once. Had to put a £20 deposit on the glass which was an elaborate long glass affair with a wooden stand.

Well, after not leaving campsite No. 2 @ Applecross and not travelling to our 3rd stayover @ Sands Camping Park, close to Gairloch, we then didn't take in the sights and sounds of Ardessie Falls whilst travelling clockwise, along the West coast on the Nc500 to our 4th nightly accommodation at Ardmair Point, Ullapool.

What a lovely place this is not to travel to, at this time of lockdown.

Tonight's place, we are not stopping at is Clachtoll Beach Campsite. Unfortunately, we didn't take in any of the fantastic views from Achmelvich or Lochinver.

If anybody has photos of any of these (I think) fantastic viewing / driving roads, please post to wet my appetite.

Tomorrow morning, we will not be driving approx. another 40 miles in the day to set up camp at Durness, after visiting Cocoa Mountain (a trip for the Mrs!!) and not taking our new torches to investigate Smoo Caves.

All in all, we have now not driven 750 miles on this trip, since not leaving home last Thursday.

Last edited:
Well, after not leaving campsite No. 2 @ Applecross and not travelling to our 3rd stayover @ Sands Camping Park, close to Gairloch, we then didn't take in the sights and sounds of Ardessie Falls whilst travelling clockwise, along the West coast on the Nc500 to our 4th nightly accommodation at Ardmair Point, Ullapool.

What a lovely place this is not to travel to, at this time of lockdown.

Tonight's place, we are not stopping at is Clachtoll Beach Campsite. Unfortunately, we didn't take in any of the fantastic views from Achmelvich or Lochinver.

If anybody has photos of any of these (I think) fantastic viewing / driving roads, please post to wet my appetite.

Tomorrow morning, we will not be driving approx. another 40 miles in the day to set up camp at Durness, after visiting Cocoa Mountain (a trip for the Mrs!!) and not taking our new torches to investigate Smoo Caves.

All in all, we have now not driven 750 miles on this trip, since leaving home last Thursday.
IMG_20170808_121149~2.jpgIMG_20170808_120217~2.jpgIMG_20170808_115942~2.jpgIMG_20170807_162953~2.jpgIMG_20170805_212113~3.jpg

Durness and surrounding beaches, you are not missing much, prob better views in your garden.

Back