Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

With views like that, it actually makes me wonder why I didn't start this campervan adventure before now!!
Snap, should have done it years ago, but had no money! I have a load of ferries booked in June to explore the Outer Hebrides, however depending on when we come out of lockdown, it's looking touch and go if we will get there.

I'm fortunate that I'm still able to get out in my van! So today, whilst working as an unpaid volunteer First Responder with the North West Ambulance Service, I attended a 999 call. As I arrived on scene in my own vehicle I got a puncture, flat tyre, "Damn!", I thought, "Oh well, never mind, fix it later". Anyway, whilst attending the patient, his daughter arranged for a local mobile tyre repairer to come and fix my puncture. New tyre fitted, sorted! When he'd done I said, "I hope you take card", and I asked him how much I owed. He replied, "The lady said she'd take care of it!". Speechless! Aren't people lovely! Thank you so much!

IMG_6940w.jpg

I'm fortunate that I'm still able to get out in my van! So today, whilst working as an unpaid volunteer First Responder with the North West Ambulance Service, I attended a 999 call. As I arrived on scene in my own vehicle I got a puncture, flat tyre, "Damn!", I thought, "Oh well, never mind, fix it later". Anyway, whilst attending the patient, his daughter arranged for a local mobile tyre repairer to come and fix my puncture. New tyre fitted, sorted! When he'd done I said, "I hope you take card", and I asked him how much I owed. He replied, "The lady said she'd take care of it!". Speechless! Aren't people lovely! Thank you so much!

View attachment 66280

@Steve Davies, Nice 1 - like the others, I applaud you for giving up your time and tyre for such a worthy cause.

But on a less serious note... may I ask a couple of questions please?

1. Do you play snooker by any chance?
2. Are you "interesting"?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

:slow rofl:

Last edited:
@Steve Davies, Nice 1 - like the others, I applaud you for giving up your time and tyre for such a worthy cause.

But on a less serious note... may I ask a couple of questions please?

1. Do you play snooker by any chance?
2. Are you "interesting"?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

:slow rofl:
1. I play snooker really badly!
2. My middle name begins with a B and lots of people say it's B for boring!
3. I have a book from the other Steve Davis signed with an inscription. That's not interesting either.
4. What might be interesting, though probably not, is what I do when I'm not with my van. I know everyone is very busy with other stuff right now but if you have a spare second check out my website www.piratefrog.com to find out ...

View attachment 66280

spot on! Well done!:mexican wave:

3. I have a book from the other Steve Davis signed with an inscription. That's not interesting either.
4. What might be interesting, though probably not, is what I do when I'm not with my van. I know everyone is very busy with other stuff right now but if you have a spare second check out my website www.piratefrog.com to find out ...
D89980E2-6ACF-495E-9404-5E6DC3389993.jpeg
this is Steve Davies..International mountain leader...WOW. And drive‘s a T6

@Steve Davies, bloomin 'ell
I take it all back - you most certainly are interesting and lead a full and busy life!!
Adventure after adventure.
T6 ownership will be a most boring walk in the park for you.

Welcome aboard the T6 journey.

:thumbsup:

Nowhere yet but we are heading to Ballater later on. So excited about getting out in our van again.
:D

We have also streamlined our stuff again (although this is just for a weekend) so we have less to put places once we arrive. We are beginning to reach the stage where everything (except our backpacks and a box of food and drink) has a home to live in whilst in the van.
Means we only need to put limited stuff in and we can get away quicker and more spontaneously.
:)

I can't decide whether to laugh or cry at this comment. So naive.

We spent the winter talking about how we need to justify the cost of our van by going out every second weekend.... f***ing covid.
:mad:

Starting to get and itchy bum that can only be cured by a long distance journey to a place unfamiliar - If the lockdown happened in the peak of winter id be fine for 3 months (outside, eugh.. like a teenager in a dark room surrounded by voodoo dolls) but come summer... thats part the problem. i have been hibernating all winter and doing all the crumby jobs indoors and now its sunny cant do anything. I know im not the only but by god its frustrating. All the how to clean your house thingso n telly seemed like a jab in the ribs as if i hadnt dont it already.
So thats where i have not been in my van today
Escaping the reality and the wretched telly full of blah
I was happier when it was raining (miserable sod - haha)

Starting to get and itchy bum that can only be cured by a long distance journey to a place unfamiliar - If the lockdown happened in the peak of winter id be fine for 3 months (outside, eugh.. like a teenager in a dark room surrounded by voodoo dolls) but come summer... thats part the problem. i have been hibernating all winter and doing all the crumby jobs indoors and now its sunny cant do anything. I know im not the only but by god its frustrating. All the how to clean your house thingso n telly seemed like a jab in the ribs as if i hadnt dont it already.
So thats where i have not been in my van today
Escaping the reality and the wretched telly full of blah
I was happier when it was raining (miserable sod - haha)
Try this .......
FCF5861F-1207-4921-BAF0-E9FA9A8ACB86.jpeg
sorry cabin fever

Back