Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Now that IS bad.

I would say it's made less than two miles from me (Sharps - wife's grandad built their original units) but cheeky Sharps got rumbled when it was found out they actually bottle it in Burton-on-Trent! Prefer their Atlantic myself but also very keen on their Sharps Pilsner; but it's pretty strong. I've been "caught out" more than once forgetting how strong it is!

There are very few places left with botteling plant!

Do like the Atlantic though I've got the taste for Woolf Rock at the moment. Sharpe's as got to be one of the worst culprits for muted bottle ale the change in taste is so dramatic.

Been up to Coventry to drop the van at Rising Sun Campers to have it insulated and lined, and have electric hook up et al fitted. God I do hope I'm not disappointed. You always hope you're right in appointing, but never quite sure until you get your vehicle back.
Fingers Crossed.

I no what your Saying @DaveyB Its nice to have recommends with a company when you are trusting them with your pride and joy. I have had one meeting with my local big converters in which i no their work is first class, but i came away thinking i was not getting what i wanted doing , so i think i will carry on further afield. Im in no rush to get it done really.

Looking forward to seeing your results :)

I know what you guys are saying; and good for you @StudleyGlass for walking away. Any install has to fit the customer and be bespoke for their desires, rather than the customer choose off a "menu" of thinks that the installer is willing to provide.
Got a good feeling with my installer when I went over to them (twice - in order to ensure it was honed to exactly what I wanted), so just hope that that feeling was right. I'll be sure to share the results.

Used the Cali as a party van last night with the kids upstairs; the heater was great, it was quiet and we all slept well (aided by some weapons grade cocktails).

I know some are having issues but we are loving ours!

Went for our first ever camping trip in our new van at the weekend. Missus has never been camping (!!) so it was all fingers crossed she didn't have a melt down.
Had a fantastic time, van was perfect. Great location, weather and a few T5 neighbours to finish it off nicely!!

Van attracted a fair bit of attention which was really nice. France in 10 days time!!!

View attachment 225 View attachment 226

View attachment 225

View attachment 226
Hiya @Walski what tent you got hooked up onto the van?

Picked my van up from the converters today. Happy with the electrics generally, except the bloody horrible white consumer unit on the back side panel. LED lights in the ceiling and on the tailgate are nice. Black Reimo multi-rail looks tip-top and goes well with the white and black theme of the van.
The finish on the lining is not up to my expectation though, so rather disappointed. Had to spend this afternoon washing the van and then getting all of the glue overspray off the tailgate, rear bumper, rear lights, side bars, door shut of nearside slider, oh yeah - and the drivers seatbelt!
When I looked at it at the shop had to point out the glue on the carpet in places as well as where slits had been left in the panel on the tailgate for screws to go - but screws were not in there and the slit had not been glued shut. It's the eye to detail that makes the difference.
Sound deadening is great, you can't even hear the engine. They have made the storage bins behind the rear arches like I asked and they are great for the removable towbar, electric pin adaptor, and bottle jack.
Therefore overall, to the vast majority it would pass inspection and from a cursery glance its fine, but I see it differently up close, and there is no excuse for not taking the time to clean off the glue that is bound to get everywhere.
Will post some picks up tomorrow.

Here are a couple of pics, excuse the quality, they are from my phone rather than my DSLR.

Reimo multi rail.
WP_20161219_18_19_39_Pro.jpg

WP_20161219_18_20_10_Pro.jpg

Tailgate lights are wired into the interior lights so come on every time the tailgate is opened, which is a really nice touch.
WP_20161219_18_20_57_Rich.jpg

Nice little 240V sockets, but horrible power consumer box. Interior LED's work independently to interior lights.
WP_20161219_18_21_36_Rich.jpg

10" JL sub in custom Absolut5 (Absolute Audio) under seat pod.
WP_20161219_18_23_24_Rich.jpg

And final touches, 240v running from inverter for rear seats, and another 12v outlet for the kid's DVD players. The tidy little switch beside the 12v outlet turns the inverter on.
WP_20161219_18_23_18_Rich.jpg

WP_20161219_18_23_32_Rich.jpg

So, like I said, some really nice bits, but there are just those other niggles.

Looks good to me; those niggly bits sound annoying but hopefully it's okay overall?
I hope so too. I just need to go over a few bits with spray glue where some of the carpet hasn't stuck down adequately. But then I really shouldn't need to be doing that!
The work on the electrics is good, there is some really nice little touches, and they have done well to cram it all in under the drivers seat (battery, inverter, amp - I think the split charge system is under there as well). The contrast in the colour of the walls to the ceiling is equally nice.
Hopefully as time goes on I'll be less disappointed as I'll have rectified the niggles.

Used it to pick up my repaired board then washed it; a borderline extreme sport pressure washing the roof in a force 8+ wind!

Back