When your Adblue freezes???

Dieseldonkey

150 DSG Shuttle Conversion
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Wonder if our Scandinavian members might know the answer to this?

Given the recent low forecast temperatures, does anyone know if the vans still drivable if the Adblue freezes. From what I understand the stuff solidifies at -11C.

Not that I want to add to any existing adblue anxiety, however is there a need to consider heating the underside of the van if the temperature drops low enough.

As much as i was aware -11 is its freezing point :unsure:. Hopefully it wont get that cold in its little tank under the van, If it does, then home i will stay :D

Sadly, I don't have that option. It's my transport to work. Often set off at O my god o'clock in the morning when it's at it coldest too.

Wonder if our Scandinavian members might know the answer to this?

Given the recent low forecast temperatures, does anyone know if the vans still drivable if the Adblue freezes. From what I understand the stuff solidifies at -11C.

Not that I want to add to any existing adblue anxiety, however is there a need to consider heating the underside of the van if the temperature drops low enough.
Cold temperatures are not a problem for the Adblue, actually just the opposite ;). Winter 2016 (Jan-Feb) we had really cold weather up here, well below -20C for a couple of weeks, was down to even -32C :cool: for a few days. So AdBlue was definitely frozen at least for sometime after starting the engine (even though there is a kind of heater trying to keep it flowing). During that period the Adblue range counter started gradually to step up from 8000 km (full) and reached 10000 km before weather turned back to normal. I did drive about 1000 km during that cold period.

Back