Wheels bought...

Nice wheels, as for the H&R's are you sure they are geniune? My mate is a H&R dealer in South Africa. When I asked him to quote me a set for my T6 at cost he could come anywhere near the likes of EBay. After some digging and purchase of a set of eBay. My mate found the EBay ones were very well branded Chinese copies. And are sub standard compared to the H&R but look identical. If you're buying H&R springs buy them from the uk distributor which is eurocarparts. H&R springs carry a lifetime warranty..... Buy them once.

@BiTurbo my springs came from a reputable UK company, they exchanged the first set and I fitted replacement rears that are no better, they raised the issue with UK distributor then went straight to H&R in Germany who have taken back his stock of springs and replaced with new units, it is a set of these replacement new units I am expecting delivery of tomorrow to hopefully fit later in the week.
Fingers crossed this sorts the issue failing that H&R are gone and will prob fit Eibach or ditch springs for coilovers although don't really want to spend that much

Chillijamvans is where my H&Rs came from and I've had no issues at all. I purchased them after they were recommended by MrB. They came boxed with warranty certificate, stickers etc and are rated to my vans capacity which I gave them off my VIN plate when ordering. I've No reason to believe they are Chinese copies at all?

Mine came from ChilliJam too, have to say Bretts been pretty good about it all

Wheels arrived today, ordered as van rated on website (Rimstyle) suitable for T30 Kombi. Marked on inside of wheel as 690kg :eek:

I have e-mailed them for clarification but surely these are not rated for a T30!

Wheels arrived today, ordered as van rated on website (Rimstyle) suitable for T30 Kombi. Marked on inside of wheel as 690kg :eek:

I have e-mailed them for clarification but surely these are not rated for a T30!

Response from Rimstyle-

Hi,

This will be the tested load from when the cast was first produced by the manufacturer, but lots of designs get re-tested to higher loads, and if passed, get listed higher. This is now listed by the importer at 856KG per wheel on the 19x8.0 Syclone.

Kind regards

Gary

Rimstyle.

Thought that the rating was the rating that is stamped on the rim. I'd send them back. It your life that's at risk.

So the importer lists a load rating higher than the manufacturer? Wonder what the manufacturer has to say about that.

That's worrying, Who load tested them, are they a recognised authority?

I have saw the same wheels on another site rated at 850kg. I have also e-mailed the manufacturer in France for clarification.
Will keep you posted on any updates.

Ended up phoning AC Wheels direct in France. They confirmed the wheels are load rated to 850kg.

To those who have fitted aftermarket wheels, has your insurance asked about load rating or asked for any kind of proof of rating?

Pic of inside of wheel-image1.JPG

Insurance company won't care until something goes wrong then they'll use it to get out of paying out .

@BiTurbo my springs came from a reputable UK company, they exchanged the first set and I fitted replacement rears that are no better, they raised the issue with UK distributor then went straight to H&R in Germany who have taken back his stock of springs and replaced with new units, it is a set of these replacement new units I am expecting delivery of tomorrow to hopefully fit later in the week.
Fingers crossed this sorts the issue failing that H&R are gone and will prob fit Eibach or ditch springs for coilovers although don't really want to spend that much
Hi @Pauly I know this is an old post but did you manage to get this sorted, I am looking at dropping my T32 (when it arrives soon) with 40mm H&R's and like you I won't really have loads of weight in the back of the van most of the time...cheers

No mine still clanks a bit, im on my third set of springs and not fully cured, still undecided what to do really, its pretty minor now but still there enough it annoys the hell out of me, got better with each set i tried but never disappeared
Considered going to eibach 30mm but i like where it sits now, just about right with 18s i have fitted, i you want my advice go with a different make
The more weight i put in the more it disappears im getting the feeling its just a side effect of running an empty(ish) T32

Ok thanks @Pauly, that's interesting, have you ever tried putting lots of weight in the back to see what happens? It makes me think that the springs are designed to work with some load on them thus slightly more compressed than the way we will be using them, especially as they are for T32 type payloads

When fitted the top three coils touch under the weight of the van, it seems that on rebound they extend slightly and open the gap then close again when compressing/settling back and I think that is what's causing the noise
More weight-less rebound- less kajangle ??
Never been loaded to the hilt but 3 kids in back with weekends worth of camping stuff and didn't really notice it when going to busfest and back, few hours each way but mostly motorway

Last edited:
Probs going to get them done at Exploria @Pauly as it's not too far away and I know they are fitting them all the time, if there have been issues I am sure they must have come across them by now...I'll be picking their brains before I give them the go ahead!

Got H&R's too, but has to ask where did you purchase them from ? And remember you can buy three different spring ratings if you buy from an authorised dealer.
My mate is a authorised dealer in SA so I purchased through him. But we did find since then there are a lot of none H&R springs on the likes of EBay that come from china.
Opened up a can of worms that has.....
The only UK authorised dealer is Euro car parts.... Be aware of where you purchase from...

Back